Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First antelope hunt?

rebjfan

Looking to go on my first antelope hunt this fall but not sure where to go. I am thinking that I would like to go to New Mexico. Any suggestions about which unit to apply or how to go about getting a landowner permit?

This fall may be tough, drawing a tag and deadlines are coming

If you have the money, landowner tags may be the way to go. Colorado does have OTC archery tags if you're looking to bowhunt

Drawing a pronghorn tag in NM is difficult. Buying one is easy but not cheap what's your budget?

Drawing a pronghorn tag in NM is difficult. Buying one is easy but not cheap what's your budget?
My budget depends on the quality of the hunt and what is provided if anything? How much do landowner tags sell for on average?

My budget depends on the quality of the hunt and what is provided if anything? How much do landowner tags sell for on average?
Prices are all over the board, but from what I remember seeing on various FB groups recently I'd expect to pay $1500-$2500 for an average quality landowner voucher with nothing else included. Guided hunts with landowner voucher included are another couple thousand on top of that, $4500-$5500.

Prices are all over the board, but from what I remember seeing on various FB groups recently I'd expect to pay $1500-$2500 for an average quality landowner voucher with nothing else included. Guided hunts with landowner voucher included are another couple thousand on top of that, $4500-$5500.
Do you recommend anyone in particular about buying a landowner voucher or any certain unit that I should consider first.

Do you recommend anyone in particular about buying a landowner voucher or any certain unit that I should consider first.
I'm far from an expert in the field, i just spend too much time looking at hunting pages on the internet.

There's some household names selling landowner tags/services like Huntin Fool. They may be a good place to start if you don't have much of a plan put together yet.

I'm far from an expert in the field, i just spend too much time looking at hunting pages on the internet.

There's some household names selling landowner tags/services like Huntin Fool. They may be a good place to start if you don't have much of a plan put together yet.
I don’t have any kind of a plan yet. Planning a drop camp elk hunt in Colorado. Applying for a Maine moose tag, applied in Wyoming for the trifecta. I may not have time or money to go antelope hunting.
Thank you for your help

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back