General antelope season a week shorter?

BourbonSnowCone

I’m assuming I missed the commission proposal but looking in the regulations it appears that 2024 general antelope is a week shorter than typical. Not going to complain but there hasn’t really been any communication about it from Fish and Game. Maybe they’ll apply this common sense to deer season too.

I’m assuming I missed the commission proposal but looking in the regulations it appears that 2024 general antelope is a week shorter than typical. Not going to complain but there hasn’t really been any communication about it from Fish and Game. Maybe they’ll apply this common sense to deer season too.
Not sure I see what you’re referencing. I see- 2023: opened October 7. Closed November 12 (5 weeks)
2024: opens October 12. Closes November 10 (5 weeks)

I wouldn’t read to much into it. I believe it’s always started the first full week of October and ended the first full week of November. Just the way the dates fell this year that it ends up a little shorter

Usually always ends two weeks before the end of general deer/elk but this year it ends three weeks before. Just trying to figure out if the regs are accurate or if some FWP employees are agonizing over who gets to send their boss an email over another screwup.

Usually always ends two weeks before the end of general deer/elk but this year it ends three weeks before. Just trying to figure out if the regs are accurate or if some FWP employees are agonizing over who gets to send their boss an email over another screwup.
In my experience very few people are hunting antelope that last week due to deer and elk season so probably won’t be many complaints. I’m glad it didn’t lose a week on the front end though. Hopefully brockel is right and this is just a calendar anomaly.

Back