Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

favorite coyote hunting caliber and loads ?

SageGhost

i am torn between 110 grain 270 loads and 55 grain 30.06 remington accelerators.....i am on a dry spell since moving back to idaho.....i have tried everything and came up empty handed everytime...i am going to arizona in 2 weeks and have to break that spell down there.

remington LV SF in 223, is my favorite rifle. its light but not to light and it shoots good. i shot 2 coyotes with the 40gr noslers and they did ok but i might try some thing heavyer next year.

140 gr.ballistic tip 7mm rem mag...ruger #1...115 gr. ballistic tip 25-06...ruger #1

My old 788 Rem 22-250 topped with Burris glass throwing Nosler 55 gr ballistic tips, propelled by 36.5 gr or H414 created by my Dillon 550.
WD

223 WSSM with Hornady 55 grn soft points. Can't remember the exact weight of powder charge, but I use IMR4350, with the CCI 250 primer. Muzzle velocity of around 3800 fps.

All body hits have been bang-flops.

We took this Yote' with a 7mm mag. What a mess. This is my friend standing beside the bugger. We had to pull the Yote to a different spot to hide the mess. I think I'll be downsizing for the next one.

Attachments

• pictures1 143.jpg
    pictures1 143.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 234
Great pic! Had to laugh about "downsizing" the first pic below doesn't look too bad but the 'yote in the distance didn't fair too well with the 300 Win :eek:

Coyote2.jpg

Coyote4.jpg

I've use a .243 with Hornady 80 grain FMJ for years and have never had a reason to look anywhere else for coyote loads. My father uses a 6mm and has just as much fun as I do. These are good coyote bangers.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/nbrveop.gif

Picked up one of these in 20" topped w/ a Weaver GS 4x14X AO. Doubles as a fantastic prairie rat Splatter... Probably one of the most accurate weapons I've ever owned or fired. And there's been a few! ;) Mine achieved accuracy levels half of which they garuntee w/ factory 52 grain hp ammo. Supposedly the accuracy garuntee for the rifle is w/ 68 grain match ammo. Have to try it out and post some pics sometime...

Thanks,

In the flesh! It's actually been a great practice tool for big game. Getting the "Swing" pretty much perfected w/ it. Out of the 8 or 9 yotes the thing has waxed over the last 16 months, only 2 weren't running full out! :hump:

Marv,

I'm pretty sure it's a 1 in 8. Was told that it would like the 68 grain match stuff the best. Prints sub 1/2" 5 shot cloverleafs w/ the 52 grain hp blackhills run of the mill stuff laying in the bed of the pickup shooting off the very bi-pod you see w/ no bag underneath the butt end. Have probably put 7 or 800 rounds through it know, and havn't bothered to try anything different through it so far.

Nice! I really didn't know if there would be that much difference with factory loads through the 1:8 or 1:9 anyhow, just was curious.

That is a nice rig, defiantley more firepower than my .223 SS1 :rolleyes:
My bro has a DPMS (the sweet sixteen, bull with a 1:9) that he loves but I actually like the lines and looks of the Rockriver a bit more....decisions, decisions....!

MarvB said:
Nice! I really didn't know if there would be that much difference with factory loads through the 1:8 or 1:9 anyhow, just was curious.

That is a nice rig, defiantley more firepower than my .223 SS1 :rolleyes:
My bro has a DPMS (the sweet sixteen, bull with a 1:9) that he loves but I actually like the lines and looks of the Rockriver a bit more....decisions, decisions....!

I was in the market. Wasn't sure which one to get, then my buddy picked up one of these. It was all over from that point! Seeing how his shot, I wasn't really too concerned w/ which twist it had. I like the splat factor the 52's offer, will probably just keep punching stuff w/ them.

What's a 223 SS1? DPMS? :confused: :eek:

rem 788 243 with 80gr siarra bt 37.5 gr 4064 imr, kills coyotes dead.
out shot my 700 bdl 22-250,ruger 220 swift,mini 14 223 and model 7 .17 rem.

OSOK- The SS1 is my single shot .223 (only Mossberg I've ever owned :eek: but a tack-driver none the less). I've got a 6x16 AETEC on it and it just splatters the squeeks all day long...no quick follow-up shot though LOL.

mossberg.jpg

My brother's DPMS is similar to the lower version (bull bbl) in this pic- he do love it! I think I'd want a bit more tube than the 16.

moosePMS_20SWEET_2016.jpg

Back