Emergency Elk Season Closure - Gallatin County Montana

The Hedgehog

Starting tomorrow AM until Tuesday. Season's closed. Apparently there's some bad weather coming. Safety first folks.

I think we are "in" the bad weather. The flakes are definitely getting heavier and wetter.

I had to laugh this morning, someone put this older North Dakota weather alert video on the feed. I loved the quote, "This alert will expire in May."

Clearly they are not hunters.

I've never heard of such a thing, can someone explain?

I read it myself,
By order of the supercalifragilistic commision the elk seasons in all lands in Montana that are East of the Mississippi River are hereby closed until Greenhorn, Shoots-straight, and others on this site, I mean Hunt Talk members, excuse me, Montanan's that shot elk already, are able to purchase another tag.
:D

I heard that the storm is so bad that it has spread to CO. Fourth rifle season has been canceled. Sorry folks you're gonna have to stay home tomorrow....

Watched 2 bulls feed until 9:45 am then watched them get up again at 1:45 pm to start feeding. This weather is primetime if you can withstand -15 in the mornings..

Bunch of western sissies don't know what harsh conditions even are.. why, it's supposed to dip below freezing overnight here in Indiana for our gun opener tomorrow. Maybe even get some frost :p

Got a 6 point yesterday. Walked back to the truck to cook lunch and grab packing gear and sled and it reached a high of 3 degrees at 1 pm. Camping was tough.

I'm enduring the cold, but the elk are still winning. ��

They have have extended the storm warning through next week in eastern MT. Bad windchills predicted. Better stay close to the fire deer hunters. ;-)

...Comparing the local hunting today compared to 20 years ago..

Hunters have become big pussies even though we are currently living in the "good ol days" of elk hunting. To the rest of the guys who don't like the cold weather, thanks and keep on that couch. Wolves ate all the elk, not worth going any more.

Nobody out this weekend. Hilarious. Please give me a 2nd elk tag..

I also watched two big Bulls feeding all day my buddy was lucky enough to have a bull permit and well pictures to come..

...Comparing the local hunting today compared to 20 years ago..

Hunters have become big pussies even though we are currently living in the "good ol days" of elk hunting. To the rest of the guys who don't like the cold weather, thanks and keep on that couch. Wolves ate all the elk, not worth going any more.

Nobody out this weekend. Hilarious. Please give me a 2nd elk tag..
Hey, I was out Saturday. I am not a pussy. The elk ran down to private land. The elk are the pussies :D. And by the way my Explorer ran in the cold Saturday I'm thinking it is turning into one too.

See, here I am not being a pussy. :D When this was taken I was still letting the heat generated from the climb up waft off my body in big clouds of fog, but it didn't take long before I needed to put my hat and jacket back on!

Attachments

• s IMG_2321.jpg
    s IMG_2321.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 1,559
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back