Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Finally first Elk hunt, harder than you think!!!

O
Thanks everyone. It finally came together. It was 2 degree outside and still deep snow, but I stuck it out.

Thanks for all the advice. It may not be huge compared to some, but I am pretty happy with it. It took me 4 hours to cut it up by myself. Thanks for all the great threads and knowledge.
Pays to pay to play. Congrats on your elk.

Thanks everyone. It finally came together. It was 2 degree outside and still deep snow, but I stuck it out.

Thanks for all the advice. It may not be huge compared to some, but I am pretty happy with it. It took me 4 hours to cut it up by myself. Thanks for all the great threads and knowledge.
Nice! Congratulations and way to stick it out! Thanks for sharing the result with us. Nice to see when the advice pays off.

Congrats! Glad it came together. And an elk with a tag on it next to a truck is a beautiful site indeed. Enjoy the easier, closer ones when you can.

Share more of the final stalk/hunt please!

When there is an elk and a pickup in the photo, that is a trophy in itself. They are big critters

Braveheart, just want to congratulate you. Coming from whitetail woods to elk country is a big change.

Any elk (particularly on your first hunt) is a real trophy. Check the success rates for your unit sometime and that will tell you how hard it can be sometimes. Then think about it more and realize how many locals are failing to fill tags. Even private land isn’t a guarantee.

Spend some time reflecting on lessons learned and apply to your next hunt.

Also really evaluate your gear. When you head west after all the planning and money spent, being short a few pieces of gear that will keep you in the field is no good. When I hunted Montana, the day time temps never topped 25 for a high and it was single digits every night. We were in deep snow every day. I leaned a lot about my gear on that trip. Some people are really comfortable being uncomfortable some not so much. Be real with where you are and gear up so you can be out there when it rains, snows, blows, or in negative temps.

Really happy for you.

Great bull! congrats! Thanks so much for inviting us on your hunt. Glad it worked out! You’re a serious hunter. That’s a tough hunt, weather and all. Again Congratulation!,,,,,,,,

Congratulations on a nice bull. You had a steep learning curve, but you made the most of it. The one notable thing is no tents were harmed in the making of this thread ;)

Enjoy reliving your hunt each time you look at the antlers or have a delicious meal of a great animal.

Congradulations, beautiful elk, size doesn't matter its the effort that counts and memories made. You did both.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back