Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dear Outdoor Television

Luckily there are some shows out there (Fresh Tracks being one of them) that have saved the Outdoor / Sportsman channel's bacon. I still have to DVR them so that I can fwd through commercials. It seems like on some, maybe most of those shows any more its just a 30 minute infomercial on items you "HAVE" to have to be a successful hunter. This has admittedly turned me off from those channels, except to watch some of the select few on DVR.

Along with all of the prior 41 posts I have a hard time with the way some of them butcher the english language, example " It's the most funnest time I have ever had". Also the heavy metal music, it just doesn't fit the hunting atmosphere.

Along with all of the prior 41 posts I have a hard time with the way some of them butcher the english language, example " It's the most funnest time I have ever had".
I held back on posting on this, but i totally agree with your statement old chap!
Cheers
Richard (from England!)

I realized after revisiting the post today that I had a couple more...

Not a fan of the long distance shooting at all. How many animals get wounded that never make the shows? Gotta be quite a few.

Also I get annoyed by the overwhelming amount of emphasis on the gear shots. I get they're paying or providing their product, but they don't have to jam it down our throats. Give the info or thanks to the sponsors, etc. and we'll figure out what they're using.

Glad to see so many of us share the same sentiment on this stuff.

Along with all of the prior 41 posts I have a hard time with the way some of them butcher the english language, example " It's the most funnest time I have ever had". Also the heavy metal music, it just doesn't fit the hunting atmosphere.

100 percent agreed. I get sick of the half-literate crowd butchering the language. If they are an indication of what our education system is, then we are in trouble. Literacy should make a difference when you are going to be in front of thousands of viewers. "We seen that". "we done this". "we was there", and the list goes on.

To a first-time viewer that is not a hunter, this kind of nonsense gives a real bad impression of hunters. In the eyes of many, a hunter is an illiterate, fat, Billy Bob that should not even own a gun. Not a good impression.

https://vimeo.com/98893322

All you goobers just get over yourselves and sit back and learn from the pros.:) While you are whining about the available fodder on the tube, here's an instruction video for you guys to enjoy. In this video you can watch my pro-hunter, pro-staff, (for Lego's) son Gareth, smoke a monster, Macdaddy, Swamp Donkey of a squirrel that we named "Nutter". I can't say enough good things about the outfitter that owns this premium piece of hardwoods (my Dad) and for the One with the wisdom and forsight to plant this self reproducing foodplot of acorn dropping oaks thousands of years ago.
Our 100% cotton clothes in solid colors topped off with the required blaze orange kept us warm and dry through the whole hunt. The Super X hollow point, devastated the pumping station of this bongozam, mythical beast, to bring us full circle in the parallelogram of life. Hope you enjoy and please support our great sponsors, Ritz crackers, Hanes underwear, Dairy Queen and Walmart brand plastic table knives.

Attachments

• Virginia 2014 Winter 055.jpg
    Virginia 2014 Winter 055.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 213
Gerald as a Walmart prostaff Athlete and Ambassador I'm proud you're on the team! Those walmart table knives are the best! Welcome aboard. I am a little disappointed to not see the climbing gear (see Kuiu ad) you surely used to bag ol "nutters"

Last edited:
Great job Gareth! How much MOA did Gareth have to adjust his scope for prior to taking down that Swamp Donkey of a fox squirrel!

We do not need to see "Deer Vision also" We all know its a camera man tipping over onto the ground. Ohh, and dont even get me started on the stats of an animal floating over it as it walks on by. This is not football...

The thing I don't like about most of the shows is the redundancy. It seems like at one point, those who got shows were those who did something special. Maybe it was skill, maybe it was personality, maybe it was variety of hunts, whatever.

Now, it seems like 90% of the shows are a bunch of trust fund babies hunting whitetails or turkey. BORING!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back