MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado gun ban

If we are debating definitions and such, I think the first is what the founders had in mind when they wrote the "arms" in the Constitution. Seems odd to me that Originalists are completely fine with the evolution to the latter.

View attachment 316362View attachment 316363
Nah - founders understood that arms advanced and that tyranny was a thing. It would be nice if they would’ve written a proper English sentence and then we would all know what they meant. The 2A is one of the worst drafted constitutional phrases in all of time.

IMO - the increase in spectacular shootings is more a function with the galmorization of "Rambo" than with any feature of a modern rifle or pistol. We need to drop the fascination of military type activities by civilians. If you want to run around with body armor and a full auto weapon join the Army. We need to quit "playing army".
We could sit here and debate the cause of the rise, a couple giant elephants in the room 1. The use of SSRI like skittles on Halloween. They are super powerful mind altering substances and if you take a look at a ton of the mass shooters, they are all on them! Or at least 90% or so.

2. The lack of fathers or involved parents in the lives of their children. People don’t raise their kids anymore, they don’t discipline them etc, I think a kid having two loving and involved parents trumps will trump any socio-economic standing and helps them not be shit birds… just my take but I agree tactical chads are idiots and are cringy

We could sit here and debate the cause of the rise, a couple giant elephants in the room 1. The use of SSRI like skittles on Halloween. They are super powerful mind altering substances and if you take a look at a ton of the mass shooters, they are all on them! Or at least 90% or so.

2. The lack of fathers or involved parents in the lives of their children. People don’t raise their kids anymore, they don’t discipline them etc, I think a kid having two loving and involved parents trumps will trump any socio-economic standing and helps them not be shit birds… just my take but I agree tactical chads are idiots and are cringy
Cite facts for #1. Without that, sounds akin to anti-vax pseudo science.

Last edited:
This is just too screwed up not to post it in this thread. A bipartisan bill, supported by Colorado Ceasefire AND NSSF, shot down in committee (pun intended).

Colorado Democrats’ attempt to reduce gun violence is colliding with their criminal justice reform ethos
Hmmm 🤔 what a conundrum?! So they think that “cheap” firearms that are stolen, which I’m sure if we looked it up account for the lions share of weapons used in crimes don’t matter as much and should just be a slap on the wrist?! Haha their mental gymnastics are astounding. “We’re not going to incarcerate ourselves out of it” … ummm actually throwing criminals into prison is a really good start

If we are debating definitions and such, I think the first is what the founders had in mind when they wrote the "arms" in the Constitution. Seems odd to me that Originalists are completely fine with the evolution to the latter.

View attachment 316362View attachment 316363
Are you crazy, at that time private citizens owned cannons and war ships. Privateers were no different than our modern day contractors using state of the art equipment them and now.

Are you crazy, at that time private citizens owned cannons and war ships. Privateers were no different than our modern day contractors using state of the art equipment them and now.
I think you missed the joke. Yeah I know, but that is because the country had no military. Private companies were on their own in defense against pirates and such. I’m sure Washington would have loved to have Blackwater help in crossing the Delaware. Times change.

I think you missed the joke. Yeah I know, but that is because the country had no military. Private companies were on their own in defense against pirates and such. I’m sure Washington would have loved to have Blackwater help in crossing the Delaware. Times change.
Have you heard of Raytheon, maybe Lockheed Martin, or Boeing?

Cite facts for #1. Without that, sounds akin to anti-vax pseudo science.
I might have to do some deeper diving, quick interwebs search is deeply divided on #1… evidence for it… and pharmaceutical companies and psychiatrists publishing against it pretty hard… but it’s not like they have any skin in the game right?!

I might have to do some deeper diving, quick interwebs search is deeply divided on #1… evidence for it… and pharmaceutical companies and psychiatrists publishing against it pretty hard… but it’s not like they have any skin in the game right?!
This type of skepticism of the profit motive that is so trendy with leftists isn’t evidence of anything.

This type of skepticism of the profit motive that is so trendy with leftists isn’t evidence of anything.
All I’m saying is there is evidence for and against it. One side is skeptical of the companies that are making said drugs and pushing them… count me in that side. For anecdotal evidence I have been on about a half dozen suicides/attempts in the last 3 years. All were on heavy doses of SSRI’s. One was successful, with car exhaust. 2 with knives that lived, the rest downed bottles of pills. I 100% believe in mental health and struggles some have. I do find it interesting that pharma companies are so against ketamine/ micro dosing shrooms/ ihuawasca? And other therapies and just want everyone to take their pills and pretend like there aren’t serious, serious side effects, heck their commercials say it can lead to suicide.

Last kid (20) i ran on, a week or so ago stabbed himself in the neck with a parring knife, almost bleed out but we stopped bleeding got him to the docs quick. He told us he was trying to get voices out of his head. He was on heavy doses of benzo’s

Thank god all these mass shooters bullet of choice isn't a berger or there would be a hunt talker group saying see we gotta ban berger bullets they look so mean and unapologetic, they are certainly evil bullets. Just add it to the list.

The number one method of suicide that has had an increase over the past 20 plus years is hanging. 100% increase as a method. Why are we not doing something about the real problem the method? Its not the method!

At the current rate of launching gun bills, they will run out of ways to target law-abiding gun owners pretty soon. Everything short of full blown confiscation. But I guess that is the objective.

If that goes through Wyoming Wyoming is going to put ammo stores on the border like the firework stands.
Jensen’s arms had what they called a mag depot like 7 inches inside Wyoming when they outlawed standard capacity magazines. It did not last sadly. I suspect ammo stores would do better. I can see it now f-150’s going south squatted on the over load springs.😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back