Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado gun ban

Cogreeny

I’m not sure how to post a link. Colorado Democrat lawmakers are at it again introducing anti gun legislation Tuesday. If you’re for this legislation please don’t comment to this thread. Start your own thread. Please call your congress critters if you oppose this. Thanks

I’m not sure how to post a link. Colorado Democrat lawmakers are at it again introducing anti gun legislation Tuesday. If you’re for this legislation please don’t comment to this thread. Start your own thread. Please call your congress critters if you oppose this. Thanks
What is the language of the bill?

So much ridiculousness in this bill. I learned that whatever it is that these geniuses define as "assault weapons" have been marketed for" hyper masculinity". Does that hold true for the ones decorated in hello kitty garb?

Of note, they are not proposing banning possession but the sale and transfer of "assault weapons." Have a hard time seeing it pass constitutional muster post-Heller/Aguilar but that isn't likely to stop them from trying.

LOL: Semiautomatic pistols with a threaded barrel are now assault weapons.

Last edited:
Dear Lord help us… I saw Epps and Hernandez sponsored this dumpster fire… I mean they understand little to nothing about the 2A case law with how this is written

Of note, they are not proposing banning possession but the sale and transfer of "assault weapons." Have a hard time seeing it pass constitutional muster post-Heller/Aguilar but that isn't likely to stop them from trying.

LOL: Semiautomatic pistols with a threaded barrel are now assault weapons.
Take a look at the law here in Illinois. Pretty much word for word describing the weapons. It's stood up to every court case to date.

I don’t have a dog in this fight as I don’t live in CO, but this struck me as odd. Why wouldn’t you want to have an open discussion with someone who held a differing opinion?

I don’t have a dog in this fight as I don’t live in CO, but this struck me as odd. Why wouldn’t you want to have an open discussion with someone who held a differing opinion?
I know you didn’t ask me this question, but to me it’s simple. There is no discussion to have. We as Americans have the right to own firearms. There should not be any restrictions or fancy wording to demonize said firearms to align with someone’s misguided agenda. Either one believes in the bill of rights, or one doesn’t, and to the people who think they can cherry pick those rights needs to find a different country to call home in my opinion.

Which part or parts are incorrect?
  • MASS SHOOTINGS ARE A SIGNIFICANT COMPONENT OF THE DISTINCTLY AMERICAN EPIDEMIC OF GUN VIOLENCE
  • GUN VIOLENCE OF ALL TYPES ARE AN ONGOING AND GROWING THREAT TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL COLORADANS
  • IN RECENT YEARS, AMERICANS HAVE ENDURED AN UNFATHOMABLE AVERAGE OF MORE THAN ONE MASS SHOOTING PER DAY
  • CONSISTENTLY, THE DEADLIEST MASS SHOOTING INCIDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES INVOLVED THE USE OF ASSAULT WEAPONS OR HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINES
  • EVEN AS COLORADO HAS UNDERTAKEN CONCERTED COMMON15 SENSE EFFORTS TO DECREASE GUN VIOLENCE,COLORADO HAS STILL BEEN THE LOCATION OF SEVERAL MASS SHOOTINGS PERPETRATED WITH AN ASSAULT WEAPON
  • WELL-KNOWN PLACES THAT SHOULD HAVE ONLY EVER BEEN KNOWN AS SITES SAFE FOR JOY, LEARNING, COMMERCE, AND CARE ARE INSTEAD FOREVER ASSOCIATED WITH TRAGEDY OF MASS SHOOTINGS PERPETRATED BY WEAPONS WHICH SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE FOR USE
  • ASSAULT WEAPONS AND HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINES ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY USED IN PUBLIC MASS SHOOTINGS,
  • THE TACTICAL FEATURES ON ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE NOT MERELY COSMETIC, AND THEY ARE NOT MINOR. THEY DIFFERENTIATE ASSAULT WEAPONS FROM OTHER FIREARMS BY ALLOWING A SHOOTER TO BETTER CONCEAL WEAPONS, MAKE IT EASIER TO FIRE A HIGH VOLUME OF AMMUNITION IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME WHILE MAINTAINING ACCURACY, MAXIMIZING CATASTROPHIC INJURY, AND PROVIDING EASE OF USE FOR LESS THAN EXPERT USERS.
  • ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR SELF DEFENSE AND ARE NOT WELL-SUITED FOR HUNTING, SPORTING, OR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN MASS KILLING;
  • THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY HAS SPECIFICALLY MARKETED ASSAULT WEAPONS AS TACTICAL, HYPER MASCULINE, AND MILITARY STYLE IN A MANNER THAT OVERTLY APPEALS TO THE VERY PEOPLE MOST LIKELY TO ACQUIRE SUCH WEAPONS AS A MEANS TO GAIN INFAMY AS A MASS SHOOTER;
  • IT IS CRITICAL TO LIMIT THE PROSPECTIVE SALE OF ASSAULT WEAPONS AND ACCESSORIES, WHILE PERMITTING EXISTING LEGAL OWNERS TO RETAIN THE ASSAULT WEAPONS THEY CURRENTLY OWN
  • BANNING ASSAULT WEAPONS LEADS TO A DROP IN MASS SHOOTINGS AND GUN MASSACRES. IN THE TEN YEARS THAT ASSAULT5 WEAPONS WERE LIMITED BY A FEDERAL BAN, GUN MASSACRES DROPPED DRASTICALLY, BY AT LEAST THIRTY-SEVEN PERCENT.CONVERSELY, AFTER THE FEDERAL ASSAULT WEAPON BAN EXPIRED IN 2004, GUN MASSACRES SKYROCKETED BY APPROXIMATELY ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-THREE PERCENT.
  • FEDERAL PROHIBITIONS ARE NOT ALONE IN CURTAILING MASS SHOOTINGS. INDEED, STATE PROHIBITIONS OF ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A LOWER LIKELIHOOD OF A MASS SHOOTING EVENT, LOWER LIKELIHOOD OF DEATH DUE TO A MASS SHOOTING EVENT, AND LOWER GUN DEATH RATES OVERALL
  • THEREFORE, THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY DETERMINES THAT A BAN ON KNOWINGLY MANUFACTURING, IMPORTING, PURCHASING, SELLING, OFFERING TO SELL, OR TRANSFERRING OWNERSHIP OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON, CAUSING THE MANUFACTURE, IMPORTATION, PURCHASE, SALE, OFFER TO SELL, OR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF ASSAULT WEAPONS IN COLORADO IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CITIZENS AND GUESTS OF OUR GREAT STATE

I know you didn’t ask me this question, but to me it’s simple. There is no discussion to have. We as Americans have the right to own firearms. There should not be any restrictions or fancy wording to demonize said firearms to align with someone’s misguided agenda. Either one believes in the bill of rights, or one doesn’t, and to the people who think they can cherry pick those rights needs to find a different country to call home in my opinion.
It’s just odd to request that a thread stay an echo chamber.

Multiple other bills introduced as well. Links to bills below if you are inclined to read them.

Firearms liability insurance requirement - https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1270

Concealed carry permit training requirements - https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1174

Prohibit CCW in "sensitive places" - https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb24-131

CBI funding investigate firearms crimes - https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb24-003

Creating merchant code to identify firearms purchases in financial records - https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb24-066

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back