Bridger Mule deer

Brandenbowhunter

Well, had the tag before. Had some good high country spots located, had some great deer located. This time how ever, I could not raise one shooter up high. I was finding a lot of 155" deer, but nothing big or cool. I located a few lower on private land, and was able to gain permission on a few small spots to hunt. Luck would have it the day before opening day, the buck I wanted left. He moved on to some private I had not yet tried to get permission on. He was bouncing between properties, and I would have to get permission from a few different land owners. I was able to gain it on 4 out of 6. He didn't go on any of them until Tuesday of opening week of the season, I was able to put a stalk on him and pull it off. It was a 300 yard belly crawl thru a horse pasture and alphalfa field. Then use the decoy hat to keep the does and young bucks from busting out. My son Brayton, who had come with me to take a lot of pics thru the spotter of this buck got to come up and help recover. My wife took the pics. Little different hunt, but worth it.
Brayton had named him MR. Freaky Pants

Very nice deer & congrats on gaining permission from all those landowners. It never hurts to ask. I'll be using the antelope "be the decoy in a few days".

good luck to all
the dog

awesome buck. glad it worked out, and now u got some private land to hunt. but next time u pass on those small 150" deer, give me a call. please.

Nice buck. Had that tag in 2006. Killed a 185" on National Forest. Fun unit to hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back