2023 controlled hunts

I guess I’ll try again. I’ve been at it a while with no luck. I put in for exotics, mule deer and whitetail.

Anybody get anything?
I didn't apply for gator or any of the August 1st deadline hunts. I did apply for several of the August 15th deadline hunts and the status on all still just shows "application received". Should know today or tomorrow good luck.

Means you weren't drawn, but you still got a chance. If the ones that were drawn don't pay in the allotted time, they have a second drawing giving the rest of us losers another chance to get drawn. It happens, but normally means you aren't going on that hunt.

I always forget to check my Texas draw results... a few years ago I drew a pretty run of the mill NWR hog permit and didn't figure it out until long after the permit deadline had passed.

It looks like Sept 5, Sept 18, Oct 2, Oct 16, Nov 2 are the draw dates for the rest of the year.

I always forget to check my Texas draw results... a few years ago I drew a pretty run of the mill NWR hog permit and didn't figure it out until long after the permit deadline had passed.

It looks like Sept 5, Sept 18, Oct 2, Oct 16, Nov 2 are the draw dates for the rest of the year.
Do they email you successful results before the purchase deadline?

Explain "pending 2nd draw" to me, someone.
I would've told you it means better luck next year until today. Checking my emails at work this morning and had a TPW email letting me know someone didn't want their elephant mountain javelina tag and apparently I was next in line. This will be my 4th tag from the Texas controlled hunts system.20230828_141344.jpg

Awesome! What others she. You drawn?

I put in for a few hunts but I realize that will likely amount to nothing more than part of my annual donation to the state.

I drew an archery hunt in december at the lower rio grande valley NWR, cant remember the name of the unit at the moment. Gonna target nilgai. I live in south Texas so will hopefully be able to make it for a few scouting trips. Also have an archery hunt in October on a NWR on the coast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back