MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2014 Wyoming Lope Hunt

JohnCushman

I cashed in my points and put in as a group with WVhunter and his dad to go to Wyoming this year. My dad flew out from New York to come along with us. We had a great time and saw a lot of bucks. We even had a herd coming within rifle shot distance from camp every morning. We had a pretty comfortable camp and I played camp cook for us all. All in all I had an amazing time and got to hunt with another Hunt Talker.

Me and my dad

Camp

Sunrise

Rainbow over camp after a rain storm

Mountains in the distance

Buck on private land watching us

A 1906 oil fracking machine

My hero shot. I watched this buck and another smaller buck fighting and running each other's does back and forth for an hour before I finally got the shot. What he lacks in length he makes up for in mass and prongs

Hopefully Chris adds to this thread with a story and pics of his own

The flip flop shots will boost your chances for CSEH this year for sure. Those feet and toes are impressive.
Good work on the lope!

It was a pleasure to share camp with Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter of 2014. His cooking skills alone would have given him the title but the flip flops sealed the deal. My only regret, I didn't get a photo with him :D

Here is a shot of me and my old man

Camp before the wind

Camp after the wind :D

Dad spotted this buck several hundred yards off. Dad put a sneak on him and closed the gap to about 250 yards and made a great shot dropping him in his track.

Later that evening we spotted this buck with about a dozen does. I couldn't get my range finder to work where he was so I held right at 300 yards and dropped him in his tracks.

It was a great hunt and we were all happy with our antelopes.

John picked a great spot to camp and hunt.

Well done, guys. Looks like you all had a blast and this definitely helps get me stoked up for my NW Colorado pronghorn hunt this coming weekend. Were you guys seeing much rut activity?
-Cody

Well done, guys. Looks like you all had a blast and this definitely helps get me stoked up for my NW Colorado pronghorn hunt this coming weekend. Were you guys seeing much rut activity?
-Cody

Cushman got to see a pretty good fight between two bucks. I saw a few bucks playing the walk around game kind of squaring each other up but never fighting and several groups of does with one lone buck. I would say they were in a rutting phase.

Congrats to all of you.

I was going to ask how your tents faired in the wind, but your last picture says it all. lol

I usually tent it but when we go up in 2 weeks I will be taking the camp trailer. My wife and two daughters have the tags so comfort is of high priority.

The tents held up awesome. We had some pretty severe wind and the tents stayed up. The pop ups didn't fare so well. I've had my Kodiak in wind, rain, and snow, and I'm more than happy with it.

CONGRATS, JOHN!!!!!!!! Looks like you had a great time. Next time put that tent up near a "tree" for some shade. They do have trees in Wyoming, don't they???

good luck to all
the dog

Looks like fun. I need to give that a try one of these years. I think I would have driven a little farther each day for an opportunity to camp with some additional shelter! :eek:

Looks like fun. I need to give that a try one of these years. I think I would have driven a little farther each day for an opportunity to camp with some additional shelter! :eek:

You'd still be driving since there were no trees in what we saw of the unit...lol

Back