Caribou Gear Tarp

2010 Pronghorn pics

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0194-1.jpg

DSC_0211-2.jpg

Well there is several bucks in there that I believe will be close to or break 80. I have some pics that I shot with the minox dcm and zeiss I need to download yet so those will come soon. Randy11 I figure 6 to6 1/2 Im sure there is some guys on here that can tell you pretty close I havent shot any Wyoming antelope yet but I use 6 usually here in Colorado.
Ok the next one is something special I will give you a teaser here and some more pics of him later.
DSC_0132-1-2.jpg

Would you shoot.

Well I bought the minox dcm camera for my zeiss spotting scope and I am pretty impressed. Do i think the pics are print quality no, but for scouting and field judgeing its going to be pretty sweet. To be able to judge horns without having to worry about them moving around is nice. Plus you dont have to sit there and watch them getting them all worked up. Take the pictures and leave. Heres some of my first pics, ive only had it a week so im still playing with it.
This was at about 300yards
ICAM0035.jpg

ICAM0037.jpg

ICAM0033.jpg

ICAM0038.jpg

I used the zoom on the one photo and you can tell the picture quality isnt as clear, so I think its better to leave it zoomed out and zoom in either on the display or dowload it on the computer.

The fence in front of these is 1/2 mile so 880 yards
ICAM0020.jpg

ICAM0021.jpg

These deer were close to 1/2mile.
ICAM0032.jpg

ICAM0042.jpg

ICAM0035-1.jpg

Im still getting used to it, but the hardest part is getting them in the view finder. Its handy to have it attached all the time and not carry extra attachments. Dont forget the remote though.

Thanks for posting the DCM photos. I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger, just for scouting.

If this buck had matching sides I would shoot him for his prongs.
DSC_0132-1-2.jpg

DSC_0126-1.jpg

Its because of his left side I would shoot without hesitaion.

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0123-1.jpg

I told you guys this was a sweet buck.

I would shoot him just like he is, because that is cool looking. If I see one like that on any of my pronghorn hunts this fall, he better stay out of my range.

That buck is number one on my wish list right now, and its going to take another freak of nature to change my mind. He is in my unit right on the line between alot of private and a little bit of public. Hopefully he is where I can take him, only time will tell and with the amount of hunting pressure it might be a challenge.

Last edited:
Backcountry here is what I think some of the bucks will score

DSC_0033.jpg

I dont have any other pictures of this bucks just my notes. His got good mass below the prong good mass above and he prongs right at his c1 measurement so his c1 will be right below where the prong starts to swell. Hes around 15 length prongs over 5 he should be in the 76-78 range

DSC_0091-1.jpg

The buck on the right has really good mass below the prong and good mass above the prong. His c2 measurement will be right above the prong on the thicker part of the top he has good prongs but his mass hides them somewhat. Length should be 15 which will put him 78-80
The pic below is of his other side which you can see his right prong is better than his left probly dropping him to the 78 range.
DSC_0089.jpg

Ill post some more in a bit I have to run.

Here is two more pics of the left buck from the above post.
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Hes got good lower mass good upper mass just over 5 in prongs and guessing 14 inch horns he doesnt have a whole lot of curl, puts him around 76-78

DSC_0139.jpg

I wish I had some more pics of the one on the left above but I didnt find any and I dont have alot of notes on him, he never really gave me the angle I wanted but hes got really good lower mass really good upper mass and still has defined prongs. His length might be a little short but its hard to tell from the angles he gave me. This is one of those bucks that might break 80, I would have to get better side shots to shoot him though.

Oak here is some more dcm pics. I took this first one with my nikon with 70-300 lens it is unedited.
DSC_0204.jpg

And next ones were taken with the DCM zeiss t65
ICAM0044.jpg

ICAM0040.jpg

ICAM0048.jpg

Backcountry Ive been looking at this buck and Im pretty sure I over judged him
DSC_0090.jpg

Ive always told myself on hunts If you have to talk yourself into a buck you will probly be disappointed

This is how my wishlist of the wyoming bucks would go starting with #1
DSC_0123-1.jpg

DSC_rd115.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Dont know how I missed this buck, I was looking at pics on the dcm from wy and saw this guy. Check out those prongs just a gorgeous buck.
ICAM0003.jpg

Heres a couple more off the dcm
ICAM0008.jpg

ICAM0012.jpg

I think youll like it oak its a cheap way to get a telephoto lens.

Sunday August 1st

Got out to start scouting for my CO antelope tag and what a big difference it is after being in WY. I have high hopes for this year after having taken this buck in 2006 in the same unit, but the pronghorn density is low.
06bc01_1.jpg

06bc01_2.jpg

06bc01_3.jpg

The day started with an awsome sunrise.
DSC_0284.jpg

Unfortunately I would have been better served scouting deer.
DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

]

Finally I found a buck, not a shooter but a buck.
DSC_0307.jpg

Saw this neat little dust devil that seemed to sit in one spot.
DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

After a long day of covering country I saw 12 pronghorn and nothing worth shooting, I still have a lot of country to scout though so I can surely find something.

VF - What were the circumference measurements on that 2006 buck? They sure look heavy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back