MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Why I'll never consider a BowTech

The Hedgehog

Saturday night I attended a friend's bachelor party so yesterday was a recovery day. While nursing a hangover, I caught some just appalling programs on the Outdoor Channel. First some dude with stupid-looking mullet shoots this stone sheep. Apparently, few others would have left camp on a day like that to brave such harsh conditions.:rolleyes: I thought he was going to start making out with the dead sheep. It took a couple of them nearly 5 minutes to rattle off the names of all their sponsors. Even my 7-year old was annoyed.

Then, I took in a program called BowTech's Western Extreme. Jim Bumsworth (the host) was bragging about how this was his "50th elk," and proceeded to give brainless hunting/calling tips while he pretended to hunt elk on a Colorado game farm. To muddy the waters he went on to say how great the elk were managed in this part of Colorado and how there were incredible elk populations and trophies in this particular mountain range. He mentioned how great it was to be out with an elk tag in his pocket. Since when do you need a tag to shoot livestock? He mentioned there being no access to these elk except for the "Trophy Mountain team." www.trophymtn.com I finished watching the program just to see if they would have the courtesy to mention they were shooting elk within a high fence – which they didn’t. I mean -- if you are going to film game farm shooting, then at least have the balls to call it what it is, don't mislead the viewers! Nice work BOWTECH... You officially have one less potential customer.

Then, after that program – the chubby southern boys came on, to the tune of some hillbilly music.. I changed the channel.

With all the male enhancement cream advertisements, I decided that I clearly don't fit the Outdoor Channel’s viewer demographics.

I feel your pain Greenhorn. The first show was MacMillan River Adventures with the sheep hunter. That's the one with Willie Aames.....now everyone has to watch it!

The BowTech one killed me: "There's two things I like: elk and cars...." That same guy is on Adventures Abroad too I think....

I've just about had it with the Outdoor Channel. I wish Big Fin would hurry up and release some videos worthwhile to watch on the tube.....

Most all hunting shows/videos are a joke anymore.

Its a shame that bowtech and others even bother to sponsor that crap. Hunting is big business and they'll do anything to sell videos, gear, hunts, etc.

I thought pretty much the same thing watching western extremes. I really loved him talking about how Colorado has more elk than any other state, and yet he's hunting them inside a fence. :rolleyes: The bragging about it being his fiftieth elk and commented on his first being a spike at the age of 17, gag me. It made my mind up on watching that show anymore thats for sure. Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was a load of crap.

I pretty much give up watching anyone but Tred Barta, he might be annoying, but he ain hunting fences. He ain pushing a product.

I was trying to find photos of these guys and found this. I decided to clean up the original message - not that I'm one for being PC.

I agree that most shows are crap... I'm just waiting for the folks in MT to start putting out something to watch. Between Big Fin's hunting and Greenhorn & Crew's hunting & afterhours I figure that'd be enough entertainment for a LONG time... ;)

I agree that most shows are crap... I'm just waiting for the folks in MT to start putting out something to watch. Between Big Fin's hunting and Greenhorn & Crew's hunting & afterhours I figure that'd be enough entertainment for a LONG time... ;)

I think next year there should be a "Deckard Flats outdoors" hunting show.
Willie Aames in his best roll. After this he eats some shortcake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDeiKamsbHc
Here he is practicing to stalk sheep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj1V9nd4LSc

Come one Greenhorn, everyone knows you loved "Charles in charge".
BTW, Bowtechs kick ass because i shoot one so that should offset everything you had felt.
The worst hunting show dork is a guy named Peter Fiduccia... Every time i seen one of his shows it makes me sick.
Here he is in his glory......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Udgb_imWM&eurl=http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/photogallery/article/0,13355,1659438,00.html

Worse than suc,,err I mean Buck Mcneally?

"It took a couple of them nearly 5 minutes to rattle off the names of all their sponsors." and you picked Bowtech off that list? What kind of sense does that make? What about all the others, how about listing those, we can be negative about them too then, eh?

What kind of camera did they film it with?

What kind of binoculars?

Why not boycott all those? Why just Bowtech?

Make a big list for us please.

Then, I took in a program called BowTech's Western Extreme.

"It took a couple of them nearly 5 minutes to rattle off the names of all their sponsors." and you picked Bowtech off that list? What kind of sense does that make? What about all the others, how about listing those, we can be negative about them too then, eh?

Why just Bowtech?

Tom, nope, bowtech wasn't on THAT list of sponsors. Read carefully.

Oak, I made my own bow out of a two by four. :D I'm sure people use Mathews on game farms too. Is there a Mathews show out there that equally misleading and insulting to most of us?

I guess you're picking on Bowtech, because the name of something was Bowtech's Western Extreme, so the whole problem is with Bowtech.

Is there a Mathews show out there that equally misleading and insulting to most of us?

Yep, It's called Mathews TV hosted by Dave Watson.

If there's a bow manufacturer out there, there's a good chance they have a show on the Outdoor Channel....PSE, Ross, Mathews, Bowtech, etc......

Well I just got done watching the same D-Bag shoot a tame bull in Idaho. Same bull crap about a great hunt oppurtunity, great elk populations, etc. The bull was tame enough that after 2 arrows it just stood there looking at him until in collapsed. Never an attempt to run, walk or anything. Guy sure loves shooting tame crap.

Back