Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ziinke - Friend or Foe?

Zenke fits right in with this Admin. of corp. crooks.

Keep your powder dry & your fence pliers well oiled.

'Ever heard of "batteries"?

You really think the bar was running lights, heat, kitchen, music on batteries for three hours?

Also Greg Sheehan great option for USFW. Utah has more critters, he navigated our politics, and Utah DWR is a well ran government organization. Haters will label; but the man has done a great job and I'm glad Zinke is tapping people who can lead change. I'd think MT, WY, ID would appreciate someone who will listen and work with locals. Ya all might not have had the wolf problems of the past and ya all have Grizzlies on deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone here say they don't subsidize drilling, mining, grazing on public lands via artificially and ridiculously low lease rates charged by the federal gov't?

Thanks goodness Wind and Solar have never been subsidized.

I was just pointing out that every single one of us uses Natural resources. If you say you don't, You're a liar.

As someone who uses those resources, and as someone who owns the land that private companies are making billions off of, I get to do the following:

Demand an honest rate for the lease on those lands.

Demand that the land be left better than when it was found.

Demand that wildlife that use the same area are taken care of, as opposed to simply letting companies do whatever they want (i.e. Pinedale)

Demand that one use does not take precedent over the other uses, especially when that one use nullifies all other economic activities.

Demand that the people who profit off of my land don't walk away and leave a mess.

I never said you couldn't Ben. Just pointing out that we all use Natural resources.

Last winter on a cold windless night one of the hipster bars in SLC announced they were 100% renewable energy. When I asked "is solar or wind providing the energy right now"? Oh we buy carbon credits was the answer. Somewhere a turbine powered by coal, gas or hydro was spinning.

Bring on carbon credits! It's a great idea. If the hipsters want to pay me money for growing trees I already plan to grow......I'll take their money!

You really think the bar was running lights, heat, kitchen, music on batteries for three hours?
Perhaps. There are off-the-grid facilities which do operate continuously with batteries storing energy from wind and solar. 'Ever heard of the Sage Mountain Center?

Perhaps. There are off-the-grid facilities which do operate continuously with batteries storing energy from wind and solar. 'Ever heard of the Sage Mountain Center?

I had some work about 6-7 years ago on land owned by a rather influential and well-known guy from Idaho. His "cabin" ran 100% on solar and wind with energy stored in batteries. He showed me the whole set-up and it was pretty darn amazing, and if he wouldn't have told me, I would have never known he was 100% off the grid.

Dude, have you ever looked into the toxic components of off grid batteries and the short lifespan of these batteries? Not to mention they high cost per kilowatt to produce electricity this way. Not even close to being environmentally friendly.

Dude, have you ever looked into the toxic components of off grid batteries and the short lifespan of these batteries? Not to mention they high cost per kilowatt to produce electricity this way. Not even close to being environmentally friendly.
It must be pointed out that this is the opinion of the BHR dude and not necessarily factually accurate, nor consistent with the opinions of many who continue to employ and develop off-grid electrical storage systems.

I had some work about 6-7 years ago on land owned by a rather influential and well-known guy from Idaho. His "cabin" ran 100% on solar and wind with energy stored in batteries. He showed me the whole set-up and it was pretty darn amazing, and if he wouldn't have told me, I would have never known he was 100% off the grid.

That's nice Buzz. Great system for people with a lot of money to burn. Doesn't work well when you are trying to provide electricity to the masses.

It must be pointed out that this is the opinion of the BHR dude and not necessarily factually accurate, nor consistent with the opinions of many who continue to employ and develop off-grid electrical storage systems.

Research it yourself and you will find it to be 100 percent factually accurate. A lot people use off grid systems because of the expense of running powerlines long distances to remote properties. Being environmentally conscious has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Lead acid batteries are north of 95% recyclable. Both solar (Swanson's law) and storage battery prices are continuing to fall dramatically.

They are on the grid; living in denial with smug superiority.

I'm out. How did we go from Zinke to batteries. Back to threat subject. Zinke is welcome change. Good selection of Greg Sheehan, Director Utah DWR for USFW.

They are on the grid; living in denial with smug superiority.
If you are referring to the Sage Mountain Center (with no Northwestern Energy power or natural gas) near Whitehall, MT, you are incorrect.

Zinke is welcome change. Good selection of Greg Sheehan, Director Utah DWR for USFW.
I hope that opinion proves you correct ... but at this point it is an opinion with optimism to be guarded.

Back