Caribou Gear Tarp

Your questions about Sportsman Channel - bring 'em here

Lady sportsman, welcome, You will not be disappointed with the loyal fans of Big Fin. Serious sportsmen doing it right.

Welcome Lady Sportsman and glad to see you too have faith in the message Randy is trying to get out there.

As for questions, what can you do about getting my cable to carry your channel? ;)

Welcome ladysportsman & fellow cheesehead !!

You made a great pick when you teamed up with Randy & OYOA - A class act all around....just like the Packers !!

Go Pack Go !!

Last edited:
"I'm with Sportsman Channel and we are SO VERY GLAD to have Randy and OYOA crew come on board with us this summer."

hot dang!!! the folks at the sportsman channel are heavy drinkers.........great job on picking up the show. nice to see some folks that run the air waves are listening to the hunters.

So great to hear most of you have the network already!

Okay, some answers:
1. We can't air shows online due to contract restrictions with our satellite providers, but Randy owns the show, so he probably can. I know he sells DVDs of his full season too, but that is after it airs.
2. Regarding our guidelines - man, good points. Every network has its own guidelines and ours are pretty different from OC. I think to best answer that question is for me to personally email you the guidelines for your review. So if you want them, just send an email to [email protected] It will be a pdf file.
3. The a la carte question. We are offered a la carte w DISH, but not DIRECTV...yet. We are working on it!! We are also working on them offering us in HD like DISH does. We plan on being 100% HD by July.
4. Bwana - we are working on every system to carry us! Who is your provider? For any of you who can't get Sportsman Channel, please reach out to your provider and let them know you must have us. It helps when they hear directly from their customers.
5. Yes, the Packers rule.

Any other suggestions? Questions?

ladysportsman, thanks for your response.

My cable provider is Midcontinent Communications.

Is there a good way to get in touch with them? My guess is that they carry it but you need to have one of the upper end, wizzbang packages in order to do so.

I'm open to suggestions as I would love to get a peak at your channel. If it thinks Randy's show is a good idea, I am assuming you have other content worth watching as well.

Bwana - honestly, your best bet is thru social media outlets. Their twitter handle is @Midcontinent I find most companies are the very responsive via Twitter and FB. You could call, but you have to find your way to a CSR. And you are right, we are on a Sports Tier with them. I am not sure of the cost of the package, most companies charge anywhere from $4.99 per month to $9.99 per month. But call/tweet and ask if they have specials on the Sports Tier - I bet they will given March Madness around the corner.

And of course we have other content that is super awesome! You can watch clips of most shows on our FB page and YouTube page. We are huge into bowhunting, so if that is your thing, I hope you can get the Sports Tier package!

Welcome Ladysportsman to the Hunt talk website and congrats on you guys at the Sportsmen Channel picking up OYOA, was the only show left on the OC that I had set to DVR. Any word on whether Comcast Cable up in NE Washington is going to be having you guys join their cable network?

Any women with a gun resting on her sholder is a friend of mine. Look forward to seeing you around the OYOA site more.

Ladysportsman is a great ambassador for the sport, and for her network. She is a big advocate of OYOA. I am grateful for her help with much of the network promo of the last month, and that yet to come. She is very talented and has made my life a lot easier in the last couple months.

Nice to work with network folks who hunt. She does hunt, and she gets what the OYOA message is all about.

Thanks Ladysportsman. Hope you continue to seek feedback from this crowd. They are some of the most serious hardcore hunters on the web and they prove it by the pictures and stories that get posted here each hunting season.

Hi again - we are digging out of a 20-year storm in Milwaukee. Crazy stuff. I am just staying home today - not worth being on the roads.

Goldtip - We have had some great conversations with Comcast Seattle and I don't want to jinx things, but I think a launch is coming soon. The fact that we'll be 100% HD by July is helping a great deal.

JohnCushman - TWC does carry us in quite a lot of their markets, but some of them are on a Sports Tier. To know for certain, simply enter your zip code in our "zip code locator" on the upper right side of our website (http://thesportsmanchannel.com)

Sweetnectar - ha! Thanks so much. I love pheasant hunting the most - probably due to my upbringing in Plankinton, South Dakota. I give anyone extra points if they know where that is located.

BigFin - such kind words! And I am loving the hardcore group of passionate hunters here.

Excellent, I will keep pestering Comcast here in Spokane about it. Thanks for the info.

Sweetnectar - ha! Thanks so much. I love pheasant hunting the most - probably due to my upbringing in Plankinton, South Dakota. I give anyone extra points if they know where that is located.

I've shot a lot of pheasants around Plankinton. I had good college buddies from Mitchell and Kimball, and we hunted that area a bunch. Fun stuff for sure.

Wow this is great perhaps I can get an answer to an old question. I know infomercials help pay the bills and I like the fact that they only run for a couple of hours unlike some other channels. My question is why aren't there infomercials for products associated with the sport? If given the chance wouldn't companies like leupold, savage, bushnell, remington, eberlestock etc. etc be able to come up with a thirty minute commercial for what chef tony pays? I may watch a thirty minute spot on what products Ruger, leatherman, bowtech etc. have to offer when I'm up that late but I have never watched a thirty minute spot about a kitchen gadget.

I got drunk in 2 different bars in one night in Plank. Thought I was gonna wake up at the training school! Bought a raffle ticket on a shotgun at one joint, still haven't got a call to come pick it up. That was six years ago! Welcome to Hunt Talk, by the way.

Quick Question:

If I am spliced into my neighbor’s cable, can you arrange for them to be upgraded to get the Sportmans Channel and make sure they don't notice it on the bill?

Hypothetical question.

Quick Question:

If I am spliced into my neighbor’s cable, can you arrange for them to be upgraded to get the Sportmans Channel and make sure they don't notice it on the bill?

Hypothetical question.

This is trick question... most here have seen Dink's neighbor... they's like 2 pees in a pod...and probably already watch the naughty channel together....:D

Sorry Dink.. somehow you seem to always leave it way too easy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back