Your questions about Sportsman Channel - bring 'em here

ladysportsman

Hi everyone

My first post at OYOA and I'm already self-promoting. ;) I'm with Sportsman Channel and we are SO VERY GLAD to have Randy and OYOA crew come on board with us this summer.

His show debuts the week of June 27th only on Sportsman Channel. "Big Fin" has done a great job educating everyone about the network, but please post any questions you have here on: where to find us, HD, air times, or anything else that comes to mind.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your cable/satellite bill. :p

I'll also throw out some prizes JUST for you under the OYOA thread throughout the year. So stay tuned!

Visit us at
http://thesportsmanchannel.com

Welcome, you'll enjoy your association with Randy and the crew. Thanks for the confidence-you will be rewarded.

Excellent 1st post... :) I am a bit biased, but The Sportsman Channel has hit a homerun picking up Randy and OYOA.

--Bill

Quite honestly, there are only a few shows I watch anymore and Randy's OYOA is definately one of them. Sportsman Channel made a great choice here!

Welcome to our forums and website. I personally, with 45 years TV experience, will of course promote not only OYOA, but other shows on SPORTSMANS CHANNEL. That is some shows. Some are not the calibre I believe your management wants to continue, others are of the calibre you seek in your future programming? I already started buying sponsor items from the OYOA show IE: Leupold Scope.
Thanks for your interest in we the viewers.

I think Randy has mentioned that the shows will be available through the website? Don't know the particulars, but he mentioned it some time ago.

I only watched the OC while Randy was there. And now look forward to seeing what else The S.C. has now that Randy is here.
Kudos to you for picking up the OYOA lifestyle!!

You guys are picking up some great new programs this season. OYOA being the best. Looking forward to the shows kickings off.

Welcome. Looking forward to the new shows on the Sportsman Channel. I had to pay extra for the Outdoor Channel (which I no longer have), but the Sportsman Channel is included with my package. Now that you have the best show, your viewership should increase.

Welcome ladysportsman. I hope you will take note of the overwelming support Randy has because he has broken the mold that the "hunting show" genre has created. Along with Fred Eichler's approach to bowhunting, I hope we can send a message to would be TV show producers that the "old formula" just doesn't work for us any more.

I applaud SC for seeing that and signing two of the best shows.

In a different vein, could you elaborate on the content guidelines for programs on the Sportsmans Channel regarding:

Shot Impact footage

Shooting Bedded animals

Field dressing and meat processing footage

Thanks for your time...

Welcome to Hunt Talk. I think that we have corresponded by email before regarding Sportsman Channel programming. The Sportsman Channel has recently acquired some very good programming and I hope that you continue to do so.

Thanks.

Bill Giles

Quite honestly, there are only a few shows I watch anymore and Randy's OYOA is definately one of them. Sportsman Channel made a great choice here!

+1
Can't wait to see the line up this year! I'm still watching the third season promo video and getting pumped up.

Ladysprortsman-

Thank you for your support. A couple of weeks after BigFin made his announcement, I cancelled OC and subscribed to The SC. So you have a cut of revenue from me! In addition to obvious programming resons, it was win for me as I couldn't get OC in HD (on Dish in Boulder), now I watch all the critters in HD on The SC.

Having worked for and with the big Television Networks over the years. It is almost unheard of that a major network addresses it's viewers personally through a forum such as ours.. I was pleasantly surprised to the action taken by Ladysportsman and Sportsman's channel. Actually a bit shocked, since this is not the norm for network television. OYOA has taken a step upward and onward with a class act.

Welcome to site. And like many have said we all applaud your decision to pick up OYOA and I know I'm not the only one that dumped OC and picked up sportsmans after the announcement.

Ladysportsman, could you work on DIRECTV to offer the Sportsman's Channel as ala-cart, like they do the Outdoor Channel? I currently get the Outdoor Channel, but would like to cancel and switch to the Sportsman's Channel. They do offer your channel, but I have to step up to a much more pricey package to get it.
Thanks.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back