Wyoming Unit 25. Do-able on Public Land?

Dougfirtree

Hi all,

I'm considering putting in for a doe antelope tag in 25 this Fall (will be out in the area elk hunting and may have the chance to go after some antelope meat as well). If you've hunted the unit, or are familiar with it, is this doable on public land? It looks spotty, but I would have no problem hiking a few miles... I appreciate any wisdom you care to pass on. Thanks!

Have you looked into unit 26? I hunted out there a few years ago and had a blast. I still regret not venturing into 25 to check it out while I was out there.

There is very little accessible public land in unit 25, but there is one WIHA that covers over 2000 acres in Natrona County that may have some antelope in it.

I got a doe tag there once and hunted the 3rd weekend on the walk in area. The only thing I seen was my feet. There are definitely better units to get doe tags in my opinion.

If you are hunting elk in unit 122 then you may be receiving access through whomever is giving you access for the elk hunt, but otherwise the access is very limited.

Back