Wyoming Tag Filled!!

streamer

Our hunt started on Sept. 26th which is 1st rifle season. Throwing a dart at the map wwe hiked in about 5 miles set up or tents and started scouting 2 days before season. We saw moose and elk from camp, this got us jacked up. Opening day the bulls were screeming there heads off, I took this nice 6X6 in the first 2 hours, calling him in within 150 yards. My buddy took this 5X5 on the second day at 35 yards, and we should have had a 3rd but someone got bull fever and missed at 70 yards. We hunted till Sunday with some chances that were misssed, but with the hike out the others did not want to take a cow. This was one of the top three hunts that I have been on. Only 2 of us are interested in going back, but we are going to look into getting a pack mule or 2. We even thought about asking around to see if we could find a hunter with mules and a horse to go with us, (ANYONE INTERESTED!!) Carrying an elk out that far is too far for a 40 year old man to do too many times.

Attachments

• DSCF8661[1].jpg
    DSCF8661[1].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 657
  • DSCF8669[1].jpg
    DSCF8669[1].jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 661
Nice work. Too far for a 40 year old. Horses are a pain. I'll take a day or 2 of suffering before I get horses. Well done

Last edited:
thats not wyoming there aint no green trees left! congrats guys great pic by the way

My pic is right where he laid dead, one more role and he would have been in a 4ft X 4ft deep drainage. I love that picture with the back drop that was not set up.

Back