Wyoming region M

338 win mag

Just curious if anyone has first hand experience with region M. We drew it as a second choice this year. I've found mixed info from my online research. I'm assuming as a whole, deer densities are relatively low. I've been looking specifically at units 39 and 40. Both have some decent looking terrain that could hold a few deer from what E-scouting I've done so far. Still have to talk to the biologist also. Thanks in advance

Significant incursions of whitetail compared to 30 years ago. Season dates have been shortened compared to just 4 years ago.

A family friend who guides mostly deer told his “regular” hunters to not apply last year due to significant reduction in mule deer, and told those that did come to not expect to find large bucks. The drought of 2020-2023 was rough on domestic and wild creatures alike.

You should anticipate temperature/weather swings, areas of severe greasy road surfaces when wet, difficult access issues, outfitters controlling large swaths of private property, smart folks with GPS using terrain and boot leather getting into deer zones, and not just a few folks in orange.

That being said, you’re hunting Wyoming! Adventure awaits those who approach with enthusiasm and determination! Good luck

Significant incursions of whitetail compared to 30 years ago. Season dates have been shortened compared to just 4 years ago.

A family friend who guides mostly deer told his “regular” hunters to not apply last year due to significant reduction in mule deer, and told those that did come to not expect to find large bucks. The drought of 2020-2023 was rough on domestic and wild creatures alike.

You should anticipate temperature/weather swings, areas of severe greasy road surfaces when wet, difficult access issues, outfitters controlling large swaths of private property, smart folks with GPS using terrain and boot leather getting into deer zones, and not just a few folks in orange.

That being said, you’re hunting Wyoming! Adventure awaits those who approach with enthusiasm and determination! Good luck
Thanks for the reply. We've hunted wyoming 7 or 8 years so we know we'll have a fun trip regardless. We also don't have unreal expectations of killing anything big. We'd be happy with a shot at a decent 4pt honestly. I expect a tough hunt being as we drew it as a second chance

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back