PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Recap

Trigger50

Had a great antelope / deer trip to Wyoming w a great friend. This was my friend Kevin's 3rd trip to WY w me and we were really looking forward to it. Scouting revealed less goats than other yrs, but as the week progressed, we saw more antelope. Opening day I passed on a small buck and filled my doe tag instead. We watched a really big buck that knew to stay on the wrong side of the fence. Day 2 found us watching a decent buck and doe working toward us only to be derailed by a road hunter taking a long pot shot at the buck. Mid day we met a very nice deer hunter that tipped us off to a nice antelope buck he watched hanging out in the same area for the last 2 days straight. Day 3 we located the nice buck that a deer hunter tipped us off to. We had to make 2 different sneaks to close the distance. It took almost 2 hrs to make the sneak. I was really hoping that my friend Kevin would be able to get a shot. We split up to cover 2 different sides of the bedded herd. As I closed to about 300 yds I saw the herd rise & stare at Kevin! Now or never! I readied for a shot when Kevin shot and dropped the buck at 300 yds! I was so happy! I enjoy watching my friends succeed as much as I enjoy success. Kevin's buck might be our best ever. Day 4 broke to us checking out a small parcel of state land that we'd seen a few goats close by on the surrounding private land. To our happy surprise there was a buck and 4 does just barely on the public land. IDK if some cattle moving in spooked them or they spotted me sneaking up a ravine but the antelope started moving off so I had to make it happen. My 1st shot was 325 yds or so. Shot #2 was 350 yds or so. He finally tipped over! 1st shot was low and back. 2nd was just under his heart! Great trip with a great friend!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-05-10-56-02-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-05-10-56-02-1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 20161004_101232.jpg
    20161004_101232.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 387
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member