Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Pronghorn Adventure

Dana

After a 1,000 mile grind, I've finally made it to Rawlins and checked into a hotel. Cant wait to head into my unit it the morning to set up camp and start scouting around for the opener tuesday.

Lookin forward to how things go! Did you use any priority points for the hunt or was it a pretty easy unit to draw?

I've got 5 pref points and gotta start looking for a good hunt next year for me and my wife. Good luck down there!!

Good luck. You didn't mention the unit but the hunting should be really good. Lots of antelope to look over and there should be some real nice ones.

We are having an awesome time here in WY! Been in the animals since we got into the unit Sunday. Season opened yesterday. The 3 of us all got our buck! Came to Casper today to drop a couple of them off at the taxidermist and hit a laundromat. Tomorrow is the opening day in the unit across the highway from our camp and we've still got 8 doe tags collectively to fill there. I'll post up pics and a story when I get home and upload the pics!

8 doe tags???, good grief, so that is where all those WYO tags go. That's a pile of goats! Good luck

Sorry for the delay in the pics...here's my buck:

Attachments

• wyoming.1.jpg
    wyoming.1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 496
  • wyoming.2.jpg
    wyoming.2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 500
some yummy does for the table:

Attachments

• wyoming.5.jpg
    wyoming.5.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 473
  • wyoming.6.jpg
    wyoming.6.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 493
Are the does good to eat? While living in Green River, WY, I heard many hunters there say that the Speed Goats did not taste very good. Maybe its just location, because in that area all they have to eat is many sage brush. Anyway, nice truckload of Speed Goats & Bucks.

I quarter my Antelope where they hit the ground, transfer to a 120 qt cooler and add bag ice. I continue to add ice and drain water for 1 week. The lope/cooler will reach "ice temps" in about 1 1/2 days and then the ice will almost stop melting. After the 1 week cooling period I separate every muscle. I then fillet the meat off the casing or silver membrane. At that point you can cut your steaks and or burger it.

Haven't had a bad/gamey piece of Elk/Antelope since I started cutting this way.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back