MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Point Totals going in to 2017

Well sirs. I'm not sure how this recent storm hit WY but I have another question. At what point do you go SPECIAL in the stead of REGULAR for the draw. It's what 500 bones more to draw special. So for elk that's 10 years worth of buying points so it probably won't make financial sense but I'm sitting on 8 elk points and could draw the special but then again I could just wait it out and see how long it takes me to actually draw...FYI I am 1 point away in the regular draw so it could be 4 or 5 very disappointing years before I actually draw. Thoughts?

Also, your strategy may impact how long before can draw the same quality of tag again. If you plan on getting back in line you will be back in line sooner if you go Special to snare a tag now rather than wait another year or five. If took you X years to draw this time as a max point holder in the system then expect will be more years to draw the same tag again once get back in line. Point creep can quickly accelerate if the non-resident allocation falls or the cost for points or tags goes up as a lot of non-resident max-point hunters are not even applying for elk and deer. If those on the sideline get spooked and start applying, point creep will get insane and will be too late as you watch the target unit slip further and further into the future.

Good points Lope. And...scary.
However it's my thought that once you draw a tag in any state it is basically, pretty much literally, the case that you will never EVER be able to draw a top or near the top tag again in that state. Sure I reckon you could draw a tag in WY this year with max points and then maybe draw the same tag again in 2047 but that doesn't sound fun to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back