Wyoming mule deer

cascadehunter

Ok, i have procrastinated long enough. Currently have 7 Wyoming deer pts. Anyone have recommendation where to put in? Was told south central, Baggs area, is trophy quality & the units south of Jackson Hole bordering Idaho. I am a DIY hunter and out of stater so cannot hunt wilderness areas.

If you can handle horses, I would draw a Region G tag and rent a horse or horses if you want to go up and make a camp in the high country. If you make a camp down low near a trail head, you would only need one and just ride up high early before daylight. We stayed in a cabin down in Star Valley owned by the outfitter we went with in 2015 and took his horses up 2 to 3 hours before daylight so we were ready to glass when it got light. There is a big horse rental operation in the valley that you can rent horses and tack from and I think they also have trailers for rent.

Ok, i have procrastinated long enough. Currently have 7 Wyoming deer pts. Anyone have recommendation where to put in? Was told south central, Baggs area, is trophy quality & the units south of Jackson Hole bordering Idaho. I am a DIY hunter and out of stater so cannot hunt wilderness areas.

Don't think I'd burn your 7 points on baggs area. I take it your talking about 82 which is a general area can be drawn with 0-2 points depending on special/regular draw. Good luck on your search!

Dont go to h/g: winter kill last year was brutal, give it couple years. With 7 points you may not be able to draw it anyways with reduced tags from the winter kill. Not real up to date with nonres points to draw areas other than those.

Thanks for info. Are the locations you mention in wilderness. I would not be using an outfitter sooo...cannot hunt wilderness. Have no problem hunting the boundary tho. Will look up star valley & horse rentals, be a good deal for packing game out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back