Caribou Gear Tarp

Mule Deer Foundation Dinner - Missoula

FamilyMan

Out of curiosity I just did an internet search to determine if there is a Mule Deer Foundation event coming up any time soon in my area and turns out the Dark Horn Chapter Banquet if tomorrow in Missoula! Anyone here ever attend this event who can recommend it (or perhaps warn me off)? I have no point of reference having never attended a MDF, RMEF, Safari Club, etc. fundraising dinner before.

Thanks

Out of curiosity I just did an internet search to determine if there is a Mule Deer Foundation event coming up any time soon in my area and turns out the Dark Horn Chapter Banquet if tomorrow in Missoula! Anyone here ever attend this event who can recommend it (or perhaps warn me off)? I have no point of reference having never attended a MDF, RMEF, Safari Club, etc. fundraising dinner before.

Thanks
Not attended the MDF though, I have attended a couple occasions the DU and RMEF banquets in Zootown. GREAT times!

I bumped into Chad Shearer a few years ago - enjoyed his company. He's involved in Montana MDF - Since meeting him, I've listened to the MDF Podcast, "Shoot Straight" on occasion. They have their hands full for MT.

Would be interesting to hear your take - if you go. Doesn't hurt to attend as a guest.

Thanks
They're usually a blast and you stand the chance of winning a (multiple) guns if so desired. Last time I went you could purchase a beer mug for $30 and drink all you want! (If you're a beer drinker).

Went and had a good time. There was about 300 people present. The food was only average, but there was plenty of it. Also a cash bar. There were a lot of raffles, 20-something live auction items, and about twice that many in the silent auction. About 30 guns available along with art, ammo, a few hunting trips, etc. It was amazing how much folks who have had too much to drink were willing to spend in the live auction. Would go again.

Went and had a good time. There was about 300 people present. The food was only average, but there was plenty of it. Also a cash bar. There were a lot of raffles, 20-something live auction items, and about twice that many in the silent auction. About 30 guns available along with art, ammo, a few hunting trips, etc. It was amazing how much folks who have had too much to drink were willing to spend in the live auction. Would go again.
I haven't made the MDF banquet, but sounds spot on with the others Ive made it to, WSF and RMEF, etc. Also your correct, about half the entertainment is watching the "well lubricated" folks blow money at the auctions, lol! Oh well its for a good cause, right?

I haven't made the MDF banquet, but sounds spot on with the others Ive made it to, WSF and RMEF, etc. Also your correct, about half the entertainment is watching the "well lubricated" folks blow money at the auctions, lol! Oh well its for a good cause, right?
That's the big question. Is MDF doing anything for mule deer in Montana or just sending all of the money they make at these banquets to Utah? I haven't been able to get an answer.

That's the big question. Is MDF doing anything for mule deer in Montana or just sending all of the money they make at these banquets to Utah? I haven't been able to get an answer.
I have to admit that the room was pretty noisy when the regional Montana rep was speaking so I didn't listen very carefully. I do recall him saying that 80-something percent of every dollar earned goes to mule deer related conservation projects, but no reference was made as to where. The guy (Chris) was more than happy to talk with folks and his phone number is online if you want to dig deeper.

I've reached out to Chris in the past. He always replied to me until I asked him what projects MDF has done in Montana or if they have any in the works.

I know there were a few MT submissions this year.

1709666851873.png

I always thought it was a shame seeing the MDF lumped in with SFW, guess it can’t be helped considering the Expo. Might be time to let bygones by bygones as they seem to do some good work

Sorta.

Expo still weighs on me and to be honest, the flyer I posted is funding via IRA.

I hear you for sure. I just have given up looking for something that falls in my lane all the way and my lane has some twists and turns. Getting to the point were I happy the extra to give and if it mostly hits the mark so be it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back