Wyoming Mule Deer

Joaniev

I have drawn a tag for region W in Wyoming for the first time, can anyone recommend a good place to hunt?

Welcome to the site i dont know anything about that region and honestly your probably not gonna get much in info with this being your first post tell us about yourself start there see where that takes ya.

Wyoming hunt

Well I am a new hunter and so far mostly Quail and Pheasants. We drew Antelope last year in Wyoming it was a great hunt and we loved Wyoming, he got one but I wasn't so lucky. This year we decieded to try for mule deer. I havent gotten a big game animal...yet. We have all our blm maps but it's such a large area I was hoping for a little help with an idea of where to focus on.

Give the WY GandF office a call and ask for the contact info for the biologist in the area. I know it sounds like a pain but honestly WY has some of the best customer service of any place i have ever worked with they can get you pointed in the right direction.
Good luck and let us know how you do

Thank you so much! I will do that. I can't wait, hopefully I'll have some great pics to post by mid October!

All good points by Conway. I have never hunted it. Wyoming has some great deer, in all units. Hope you find one of them.

Go on their website and look for walk in areas and hunter management areas for your region.These are private land owners that allow hunting.Otherwise, call the biologist is a great way of getting some imfo

Hey BigFin...How many pts did it take to draw your 2009 south central WY antelope tag ? I antelope hunt a small ranch in eastern WY. The plus side is I can draw the tag every year, the bad is not very many bucks to look over. I could start building pts for a better area & still get my usual spot as a 2nd choice. Thanks.

Thanks, from MN! I've heard rumors that antelope numbers are down in WY this year. What have you heard?

Hi everyone, I'm sort of in the same boat as Joaniev although I've been hunting whitetails in Texas for years. Mule deer on the other hand will be a totally new experience for me and I've never been to Wyoming. A couple friends and I decided to do a DIY hunt and were drawn for Region D. We're planning to hunt the Medicine Bow National Forest in a few weeks and I'm absolutely pumped about the trip. I'll take conway's advice and try contacting the biologist for that area (thanks for the tip). Anyone have any suggestions on what elevation we should target first? I've heard that's the key with muleys but I'm not sure. I'm used to stand hunting between bedding and feeding areas and expect that this trip will be a departure from everything I know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back