Wyoming Map Recommendations

HighDesertSage

I'm trying to find a good map of the area NW of Casper for an Antelope hunt I have coming up, but I keep striking out. I already have the chip, but I would like a paper map as well. I have had the mytopo.com GMU maps before, but I really do not like those. The are hard to read, and alot of the roads and names are off. Any recommendations?

Unit 73? How big a map do you need/ do you have access to a plotter?

I bought mine right at the BLM field office by my unit, $4. They also had a copy there that had all of the public accessible roads highlighted so I went ahead and highlighted my copy right there in the field office.

Like greenhorn I prefer the mytopo maps. I like them better than the Blm maps that get ripped in the western wind and wet if it rains. I have not had any problem understanding them. The BLM maps work and are cheap but I like the mytopo. The maps off wy store look ok they are callled game something.

If the mytopo maps were $4 dollars and the BLM maps were $30 I'd still buy the latter. Just personal preference I guess.

Where I'm currently hunting in Wy lies on the corner of 4 Blm maps. I have all 4 of them but bought a detailed, up to date(roads), waterproof, tear proof mytopo map.

Where I'm currently hunting in Wy lies on the corner of 4 Blm maps. I have all 4 of them but bought a detailed, up to date(roads), waterproof, tear proof mytopo map.

This is the way it was for the unit I drew back in 2014. Luckily I was able to get a paper map of just my unit from OnX before they discontinued them.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back