Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming general elk tags

Bowhuntrben

Wyoming elk hunting experts,

I am starting researching for a Wyoming elk hunt in the future. I am currently building points, but thinking about doing the special draw to build points and get a general elk tag as my second choice.

My question with the general tag is the archery season. From looking at this year's regs, it looks like if a unit has a general season, you just go to the table showing archery dates for that unit, and you can also hunt archery during that time period (if you buy the archery license).

For example, Unit 5 has a general license any elk for Oct. 1 - Nov. 10. Going to the archery table, you would also be able to hunt Sept. 1 - Sept. 30.
Is this correct?

Now, if there is a Type 9 (archery only license), does this still apply?
For example, Unit 37 has a general license for any elk for Oct. 15 - Nov. 5. It also has Type 9 for Sept. 1 - Sept. 30. Looking at the archery table, it lists Sept. 15 - Sept. 30. Based on this, I would be able to archery hunt Sept. 15 - Sept. 30 with a general elk license plus archery license, correct?

These are not the units I am necessarily looking at hunting. I just want to make sure I am understanding the regulations.

You are correct on all accounts. You just need to purchase an archery license to be able to hunt the archery season with a general tag.

Back