PEAX Equipment

Wyoming desert elk

Rooster52

Anyone ever hunt Wyoming unit 100 for elk ?Looking at this area as an option for cow elk hunt 2015.Looking at info ,private vs public land?Is a ATV usable there?

Last edited:
Yes. It is as easy a cow hunt as you will find. Roads everywhere. Quad would work but not needed. Lots of public. Along I80 you will find the checkerboard of BLM/Anadarko land but I would not let that deter you. Opening day is a mess with many slob hunters cruising across the sage. Give it a day or two and go find an elk. You could make your hunt last all season or be done in 5 minutes. Hunt the far eastern edge for more solitude. Good luck.

I saw elk, including bulls, on public land, the last 2 trips I made for work right of I-80...the season was open.

I doubt you'd have any trouble finding elk to shoot.

Growing up over there I will tell you they can taste a bit gamey lol

They sure are fun to hunt in the tall sagebrush though. In places its taller than I am and the elk will stand up on their back legs to look over at you..... Man I sure do miss it sometimes

Unit 100 will be my first choice on my app this January. Just sounds like a good time. Thanks.

I hunted unit 27 next to 100 this year and struck out,only seen 1 cow in 10 days,,full moon,clear dry weather might have had somethin to do with it though,,,100 is a hard tag to pull,takes max points,good luck

Only looking for a cow tag. Wonder how the meat will taste from elk living in sage country.I don't know if they feed on the sage like deer and antelope or not.

My first elk was a cow from 100. It tasted great to me.

The cows will taste a bit better than the bulls for sure they hang in the areas that have the better feed around springs and creek beds the bulls dig the buck brush and greasewood and hiding in the rocks a lot... I hope you draw and keep us posted I enjoy seeing pics from home lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back