Caribou Gear

Wyoming Area 103

LivingThe Dream

Ok so I have changed my mind on the area..Thinking about hunting area 103 we have some private land to hunt on. Looking for a nice buck, I know hunting private land is nice but is 103 better than 23 and would it be worth the price of hunting on private land, price is $400 per hunter.

Ok so I have changed my mind on the area..Thinking about hunting area 103 we have some private land to hunt on. Looking for a nice buck, I know hunting private land is nice but is 103 better than 23 and would it be worth the price of hunting on private land, price is $400 per hunter.

$400 per hunter and how many acres and how many hunters is the rancher letting in? I payed $100 for lopes and the rancher let everyone and his brother in...so how "private " is that?

That might be OK, depending on the factors MN pointed out above. See if you can get any references to check out.

Have you looked at the Special Price draw odds? It's only around $200 more vs. the $400 for your trespass fee, and it opens up several decent options for guys with 1 pp. I'd personally rather pay more for the tag and have better hunting on public, than put all my eggs in one basket with the trespass fee.

This is just me, but, no way am I paying $400 to hunt antelope on top of the tag price. . .too many "good" bucks running around on public ground for me.

Sounds a little steep to me. MN is right, are there any other factors that might make it worth the money. Trophy potential and privacy are the two that come to mind, but it seems to be on the high side from what I have seen. As we have talked about in other threads, that puts you into the cost of the special draw. Then you would get into some better public land hunts even without preference points.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back