Wyoming antelope??

Idahoarcheryhunter

Just a few quick questions here, yes I am a new forum member and I can take the hazing I did post a thread introducing myself in the appropriate category. I have never done an out of state hunt and it looks a little confusing/ intimidating just trying to navigate the fish and game site for Wyoming. I just have a few questions; do I have to buy a non resident license to apply for an antelope tag in Wyoming? Couldn't figure that part out and the whole preference points thing I'm a little shakey on, being from Idaho and not branching out to other states much, ( went to Alaska years ago to hunt blacktails). So if someone could simplify the Wyoming draw for a non resident I'd appreciate it a bunch!

Watch this,

https://youtu.be/YVIhSwSuDpA

Here is Big Fin explaining the Wyoming draw, far better than anyone could by typing it out. As for buying the license, when you put in for antelope it originally costs you right around $320 and all but about $45 (if you elect to purchase a preference point) of that is refundable depending on the outcome of your draw.

It just takes time to figure it out. You probably have a year since the draw is over (There appear to be some leftover tags in hard to access units). You don't need a NR license to apply but you will have to get a permit after you are drawn which is inexpensive.

Back