Wyoming Antelope and Whitetail Deer

huntbux

My Dad, Uncle and I are planning a trip to Wyoming (as non-residents) to do some antelope and whitetail deer hunting. We are currently looking at zone 5 for Antelope but it says that you can not hunt deer during the Antelope season in that region. Am I understanding that correctly?
We are also looking at zone 27 for antelope but deer shows you need 1 point to draw. Do you get a point prior to the draw like in Nevada or only after the draw has completed. Looking at prior years it shows greater than and less than points is less than 1 point when it is 100% a first choice applicant and 0 a leftover tag? How does that work?

Lastly,
How does the doe tags work for deer and antelope in these areas? Can they be purchased over the counter.
Thank You for any and all help.

Update: Antelope zone 27 Deer Region B Zone 10.....is there any information that would keep me from hunting this area? Thank You

Last edited:
Zone 10 is in region B not C also antelope 26 in in a different area then the deer zone I think you want to hunt. -1 point is where two people applied as a group but only one had a point so between them they had -1 point. 0 points is well 0 points each. You can not get a point before the draw no. As far as left over doe tags it depends on the unit.

Goat

Yes Goat you are correct, my update was supposed to say Antelope Zone 27, Deer region B and Zone 10. So we are looking at Doe tags for those areas and or areas in close proximity.

So we have 9 points collectively, with my dad having 5, myself having 4 and my uncle having 0. Thanks for the info. I am trying to learn the site as far as reading it, I seem to have a good idea of where stuff is located on the site, just not good at understanding the way they have it laid out.

ok thats what we were under the impression of as well. thanks for the help.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back