Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY results

Successful... my first elk tag

It is a cow elk tag but I'm still super excited.

Marcus and I drew our tag, but there must have been a big jump in some units for Uncle Larry to not draw. Following last year's app numbers, he was two points above the required points, but this year he did not draw. Dang, I had already started planning that hunt for him.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Not any kind of a super special tag or anything but I drew mine!

Happy to be hunting elk in Wyoming for the first time in a few years.

Ugh! No dice!!! I guess 8 points isn't enough to draw a tag. I remember when I started buying points that it was estimated to only need 4 max. Point creep hurts. I think if I were the only one to apply I still wouldn't get drawn. Oh well I guess, on to Montana. Good luck to everyone else!

No general tag for me, as expected, but I did get my first choice Type 6 tag!! Can't wait!

Me and Marcus drew our tag, but there must have been a big jump in some units for Uncle Larry to not draw. Following last year's app numbers, he was two points above the required points, but this year he did not draw. Dang, I had already started planning that hunt for him.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Point creep due to your show promoting public land hunting in the west.

90% chance of drawing the cow tag I applied for according to last year's numbers, and I didn't draw. I'm either just really unlucky or there was a large increase in applications. That's okay, I expect I'll still be able to buy a leftover.

Was successful for myself and my 76 year old previous boss on Type 6 tags.

Point creep due to your show promoting public land hunting in the west.

90% chance of drawing the cow tag I applied for according to last year's numbers, and I didn't draw. I'm either just really unlucky or there was a large increase in applications. That's okay, I expect I'll still be able to buy a leftover.

Wrong on both counts.

As to your first point, Wyoming has moved ahead of other states in elk hunting and has a great product in their success of managing elk correctly. The result of that good management is an increase a year ago of over 9000 applicants...another 2500 on top of the 9000 increase this year.

Simple case of good shit sells itself.

As to your second point:

I expect you wont be able to...no longer first come serve on leftovers. You will be in another draw if you apply for a leftover.

Last edited:
Wrong on both counts.

As to your first point, Wyoming has moved ahead of other states in elk hunting and has a great product in their success of managing elk correctly. The result of that good management is an increase a year ago of over 9000 applicants...another 2500 on top of the 9000 increase this year.

Simple case of good shit sells itself.

As to your second point:

I expect you wont be able to...no longer first come serve on leftovers. You will be in another draw if you apply for a leftover.

Yeah I know. I'll apply in the second draw and if not successful there I'll get a leftover if possible. But I guess I better get my antelope applications in. I was debating on whether to skip antelope this year or not. Now I don't have a choice, I've got to apply. If I end up with both elk and antelope tags I just may have to pick one hunt or the other. Not sure I can afford to do both.

I checked the odds, and it did change. Odds of 88% to draw last year and this year it went to 58%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back