Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WY NR tag draw choices

Changed mine due to quota cuts in the unit I put in for. Called WYG&F today to see if they would cancel the automatic purchase of the archery permit and the feedground permit if I draw and they said just email them by today and they’d take care of it.

You change dates or zones? Maybe the team was successful in another state so you decided to shoot for the stars in WY?

Due to tags/hunt dates now solidified with the two sweepstakes winners, we have to adjust the entire calendar around dates that are locked in. Adjusted all the NV apps, also. Wish I could adjust or withdraw my CO app now, but I can't.

Yeah, now swinging for the fences in Wyoming. Might be points for WY deer and antelope, depending upon what we find out in NV and UT, along with WY bison and ID moose. Like the May 31 deadline for WY deer and antelope, as it can be used as filler for our calendar.

Had to change area due to changes in season structure. Basically they eliminated the hunt we applied for. Odds are significantly lower on our new option.

Due to tags/hunt dates now solidified with the two sweepstakes winners, we have to adjust the entire calendar around dates that are locked in. Adjusted all the NV apps, also. Wish I could adjust or withdraw my CO app now, but I can't.

Yeah, now swinging for the fences in Wyoming. Might be points for WY deer and antelope, depending upon what we find out in NV and UT, along with WY bison and ID moose. Like the May 31 deadline for WY deer and antelope, as it can be used as filler for our calendar.

You're a shoe in for the Utah antelope this year right?

You're a shoe in for the Utah antelope this year right?

I would have been, but I decided to do a party app with my son, taking me away from a guaranteed bonus tag to hoping for one of the random tags. He has 11 points and I have 21. Because of the calendar shaping up how it is, I decided the only way I would readjust the current hunts slotted for those dates is if it was a hunt with Matthew.

Odds are we won't draw, so next year I will re-assess the calendar and maybe do a solo application like I have normally done. The pronghorn dates in Utah conflict with a lot of other hunts, mostly archery elk. Which is part of how I ended up with this many points to start with.

Hope your bison app was for a bull, those cow tags are a pain to fill now.

I might change my elk app, if the 14 day quarantine is place its not a tag i would want to spend that kindof time on. Left sheep and moose as is

Last edited:
I pulled my application for elk. I had put in for a Type 4 tag, and WYGF changed the start date by a week and I can't make the new date work with my schedule.

I've changed my elk app from a General tag with great odds to a 3% unit. I couldn't full out withdraw but with The CAD/USA border is still shut down I figured I'd shoot for the stars...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back