Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY NR hunters bend over...

I have no problems with raffles. Everyone has the same chance of winning since it's a random draw. I suppose you could chum the waters and buy thousands of dollars of chances, but there is still no guarantee that you'll win.

And if history continues to repeat itself: I'd never get my ticket pulled. I am the world's worst raffle winner.

May I assume you mean you agree with the way it's being done by the WYG&F themselves with all the proceeds going to them, rather than the way SFW skims off the top on the Utah tags?

Supertags are another tax on people bad at math.

$10 for a chance a a bighorn sheep tag. I'll take it. There are a lot worse ways to spend your money. Lotteries are about having a chance, obviously odds are not in your favor.

***Those bear, wolf, and lion raffle tags are a real stumper for me when I saw them on the list! Why in the heck would anyone buy chances on them when they are OTC tags? Could it be that they are not in the requirement to quit hunting them when a quota is met like the OTC tags?

According to the regs, the Super tag holder has to abide by regulations for open area. So these are a waste of money, although I'm sure someone will buy chances for them.

According to G&F at least one person has spent a $1000 on chances, but I doubt it's for lion, bear, or wolf.

Glad I didn't start investing in Moose and Sheep points several years back when I was going to. This is the kind of stuff that kept me from doing it especially since I would have ZERO chance of drawing for so many years. Going to burn my deer and pronghorn points and bail if this is the future.

Why don't you guys just send me your raffle money and I'll go dump it in a slot machine? Your odds or winning are better AND I'll have a free drink or 3 while I play your raffle money.

Not necessarily. I bought $150 worth of chances. For some that's a lot of money, for others its chump change. Its all relative...

Beyond that every dollar I spend with a state I'm do so with the thought of how I feel their DFG is doing. For example, I'm much more likely to spend more money with MT FWP or WY W&G than the UT DNR. I'm making an investment first, and shot at a tag second.

I'm not making an investment. Its more for entertainment. Vegas and slot machines are fun from time to time, but they don't do much to help the cause...

Beyond that every dollar I spend with a state I'm do so with the thought of how I feel their DFG is doing. For example, I'm much more likely to spend more money with MT FWP or WY W&G than the UT DNR. I'm making an investment first, and shot at a tag second.

Music to Bob Wharff's ears! He's grinning ear to ear while he's putting on his rubber gloves.

Myself I'm heading over to Panera's where I'm investing in a spinach/artichoke soufflé and a cup of light roast java. Good morning all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back