Wy. Moose unit 18

mont.John

I'm looking at unit 18 moose hunt I'v got 12 pp and looking to get out of the points race how is the public land to private? as a non. res. the wilderness rule in 18 looks o.k. and I hope to be hunting elk in Wy. this year and trying to make it a 2 animal hunt. if you have any info. you would like to share I can use all the help I can get. Thanks J.C.

In 2002 I took a bull moose in unit 18. Very memorable hunt.Only bull I saw in 3 days of scouting.Took him 8:30 opening day and then the work started. Took 6 trips to pack him out.
The wildlife officers of Jackson office helped me out alot.

We stayed in a camp ground west of Dubois.Watch out for the griz,the unit is crawling with them.We had the meat processed in Dubois and the cape tanned at Abserooka Tannery there in town.They did a great job and very reasonable..

Rooster, Thanks you for the reply. Did you find plenty of ground to hunt? and was there any elk in the area? J. C.

i hundred on the National Forest ground and there was lots of elk in the area.I watched a guy shoot a six by six elk and helped him pick it out in return he helped me pack up my moose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back