Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY draw odds question

Jorgy

So it's a nice rainy day so I'm doing some research on wyoming and have a question about their draw odds.

The are a few different breakdowns for non-residents. They have both a preference points list, and a random list with different quota's listed. Can someone explain to me what the difference is? I am completely missing something

Maybe u get it. When I apply my application goes through both a random draw, and a preference point draw, correct?

Random Draw
Non-Resident
Non-Resident Special
Resident

These anyone can draw regardless of points. Points are not considered. Special is more expensive. I believe that after the preference point draw your name is included in this draw if unsuccesful in PP draw

Preference Points
Non-Resident
Non-Resident Special

These draws use preference points that you have accumulated over the years. You can still draw some units in this draw with 0 points. Highest point holders get drawn before lower point holders

All apps are put in the preference point draw, where 75% of the tags are allocated based on the person with the highest number of preference points.

All apps that are unsuccessful in the preference point draw are then put into the random draw, where the other 25% of tags are allocated by random draw and with no correlation to preference points. As a result, every applicant has some opportunity to draw, regardless of the number of points they have.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back