Wtb kifaru or similar tent/shelter

e300winmag

Looking for a kifaru shelter or a tent that I can use a titanium stove with the tent. Has anyone tried to put a stove in a hilleberg tent??

i am looking for something backpackable. I was going to buy the golite shangrila 5 but golite went out of business and I have not been able to find a used one of those shelters.

How many people are you considering to use it for with a stove? I'd take a serious look at the Little Bug Out (LBO) from seek outside. It's a modular design that will let you strip it down to a canopy and nest or built it up to a 6 person compatible tent.

thanks for the suggestions guys. I would like to be able to comfortably hunt 2-3 out of it without it getting to heavy to carry or cumbersome to have in a pack.

There are a lot of folks making their own. There are patterns available, and Silnylon is fairly affordable. Just one option if you can't find exactly what you are looking for. I couldn't talk my wife into sewing one for me, and I don't have the patience for it.

I ordered the Seek Outside Back Country Shelter last week. It will take about a month to arrive. I chose this combo as it is big enough for a few days but still light enough to back with the ability to add a stove. If you know you will have 3 guys, a stove, and gear Seek Outside has a 6 man tipi hot tent combo that would be perfect. As JR mentioned the LBO is very versatile and probably what I would have bought had I not wanted to be able to stand up in my tent.

hnt4life...any recommended sites for patterns?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back