Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Would you change your state of residency to burn points?

Point creep in Colorado and wanting to hunt a once in a lifetime elk unit got me to thinking. Would you ever consider moving to burn your points as a resident instead of a non resident? As bad as I want to hunt certain units in Colorado, I don’t think I would move away from Montana to do it.
Some people watch one episode of Yellowstone and up and leave a home surrounded by the Beinville NF for Montana.

BC would be the move.

I work in WY a lot, and currently am now, but I don’t currently have enough days within the state to qualify and we own a small house business in Montana, which would make it complicated on taxes.

I was a resident in Colorado for a while and I wouldn’t trade my residence for 5-9 days of hunting anywhere. The hunting in Colorado has went downhill like a lot of the west, and 5-9 days is pretty short to deal with all the bs Colorado residents endure for the other 365 days.

If/when I ever work on a year long pipeline in WY I’m establishing residency and filing for part time residency after two years of taxes. Like others have said hunting is s ways down the list, family, work, climate, people are a more important issue

I am going to move to Utah with my 25 points and draw a Manti Elk tag and be just like everyone else that lives there that has a YouTube channel.

I am going to get 17 people to help me find a bull and then have three people watch it and navigate me in for a kill shot via radio. Then I am going to shoot it and act like I did something special. lol
Seriously though. What is up with people having 15 people help them on these limited entry hunts?!
15 others that didn't draw shit, it's Utah.

Back