Caribou Gear

Worst than bad luck

Bad luck combined with poor decision making can result in not coming home. Luckily the "old man" only lost his keys and not his life. Hopefully his story will take a turn for the better on this trip.

So right, unfortunately i am a very slow learner.

I hope I have enough grit in my gut to go elk hunting by myself when I am 77. You are a man, old or not!

View attachment 74660

You might consider counting your blessings and stay home .... you might make 80. :) You also should think about taking out some life insurance on yourself for your wife or kids . . . . I don't wish anything bad .... But .......

Keep us informed when you return to fill that cow elk, deer, and doe antelope tag. I'm looking forward to that adventure.

Believe me, I new enough a long time ago to have a good life insurance policy for me. my wife thinks i will see age 100 or more. hope not thou. no sense living on when you can no longer get to the game or fish.

Sorry to hear about the challenges you had on your hunt. I think we've all had some trips that were seriously negative at the moment, but they all (good and bad) form the fabric of your hunt history and they're worth their weight in gold. Sounds like maybe some of the issues could be overcome with a bit more planning and I don't want to seem like I'm backseat driving here - I had to replace a whole set of tires on my elk hunt last month, which I should have taken care of beforehand. Also, maybe you can find a hunting partner from your area to help shoulder the load. In any case, it seems like your attitude is great and kudos to you for getting after it at 77.

Sorry to hear about the challenges you had on your hunt. I think we've all had some trips that were seriously negative at the moment, but they all (good and bad) form the fabric of your hunt history and they're worth their weight in gold. Sounds like maybe some of the issues could be overcome with a bit more planning and I don't want to seem like I'm backseat driving here - I had to replace a whole set of tires on my elk hunt last month, which I should have taken care of beforehand. Also, maybe you can find a hunting partner from your area to help shoulder the load. In any case, it seems like your attitude is great and kudos to you for getting after it at 77.

yes better planning would have helped, and that is why i get in these jams. because i don't plan. because they never work out the way they are so pose to ,so i take my chances. would love to have a partner. been looking ever since i decided to get back in to elk hunting at this old age. What few elk hunts i have been on in my younger years were out fitted. That sheep hunt that is in my avatar wore me out so bad (hunted hard for 10 days with snow every day before finding sheep) that i didn't even think about hunting the west again until i started watching Randy, and decided then to do it on my own. But harder than i thought alone, but woun't stop yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back