Caribou Gear Tarp

Work

Oak

Expert
I went out and waded around in the snow a little bit yesterday and took some pics. I forgot to set the white balance, so these are not the greatest. They were also at long range.

Came across these tracks. What do you think made them?

Tracks_original.jpg

I think I may spot a suspect or two in this picture. How many do you see?

Grouse2_757486_original.jpg

Well, if you said "two", you're not quite there. How about two more?

Grouse4_original.jpg

No, wait, three more!

Grouse5_original.jpg

The the upper left of these three below has a necklace (radio transmitter).

Grouse6_original.jpg

If you look closely in the pic below, you can barely see the antenna arching right above his back line.

Grouse7_original.jpg

Ta-da!

Grouse1_795526_original.jpg

Saw these young fellows on the way home.

Bucks_919996_original.jpg

Nice work. I went to the field and fixed fence on a lentic riparian exclosure. I don't think the livestock were happy that they can no longer rub on my goose tubs (well the one that is still standing and not the two knocked to the ground).;) Pretty wildlife dull day, but did see a few prairie dogs out and about. If there was a bit more snow on the ground they could make some cool red-snow.:eek:

thanks for the pics Oak

Washington Hunter said:
Dang birds were sure hard to see. Sage grouse I'm guessing?

You guessed right.

I went to the field and fixed fence on a lentic riparian exclosure. I don't think the livestock were happy that they can no longer rub on my goose tubs (well the one that is still standing and not the two knocked to the ground).

Why isn't the lease holder doing that? They send an overpaid govt employee out to fix damage done by the cattle, with my tax money?;)

Oak said:
They send an overpaid govt employee out to fix damage done by the cattle, with my tax money?;)
Actually I can't blame this on the permittee. The exclosure had wings going into the water, but now the water levels are so low, the fence doesn't reach the water. I put high-tensel over the ice, so hopefully it works. Reservoir is going dry partly because of the organic farming occuring higher in the water shed. Not a big fan of organic farming when it leads to more busting of native prairie and more grazing pressure on some allotments.

Funny thing is we have caught him winter feeding on public land and put a stop to it (still gotta monitor him closely though):mad: Now he feeds on his adjacent private pasture and there is not a trace for forage out there. Best part is the prairie dogs are on the increase because of it. When we meet with him, the first thing he does is bitch about what the prairie dogs are doing to his pasture. Brilliant:rolleyes:

BTW, I am not the quickest fence builder, sorry about your tax $$$$.:D

Back