Yeti GOBOX Collection

Work Boots

teej89

As I’ve stated before I’m leaving the design side of the building industry and going into the field side as a senior project engineer in construction. With that being said I’ll have to get some steel toes, an upgrade from the ones I currently have.

What are people’s thoughts or suggestions? Also how do you feel about pull on boots compared to tie? I wear pull up boots everyday and either wear Ariat or double H.

Thanks!
T.J.

PS: if it takes me a bit to respond it’s cuz I’ll be chasing elk for the next three weeks with minimal service😃 I just wanted to get the question out now as when my hunt is over I’ll have to purchase them fairly fast.

A lot of people wear and love the pull on steel toes. Some of my buddies swear by them. If your go to is pull on now, I’d go with those but try them on first.

I’ve worn redwing, Wolverine, Georgia, Timberland, and Keen-all lace up. Right now I’m really liking the Keens.

Ariat Sierra Saddle boots are what I wear. They're comfortable and tough. I wear out the uppers before the soles show any wear and I probably could take better care of the uppers than I do.

I'm pretty hard on work boots, every brand I've tried (Justin, Georgia, double H) last me right at a year. I'm currently wearing a pair of Danner bull run Wellington slip ons. Made in the USA and caught them on a killer sale. I'm a dairy farm mechanic so my boots get some serious abuse. I always wear slip on steel toe boots since I do a lot of welding I used to go through a lot of laces when I welded in a fab shop with lace up boots. When I worked for a boiler company lots of guys tried the Ariat slip ons and every one of them blew out the stitching that went across the top of the foot. Not sure it was from welding sparks burning and weakening the stitching or what, but none of them lasted more than 3 months. 60+ hours a week I'm on my feet, comfort is #1 for me 2nd is durability. Good luck!

Worn work boots most of my life & the quality has been horrible recently. Plastic & thin leather or fake leather.
Wore Danners for 20 yrs as a Park Ranger & resoled them several times.
The new ones are junk. Leather is half the thickness & quality. Same with Redwing & Justin. Only full hide ones are pull ons,which pull off in mud & give no ankle support.
Trying some Lowas & Merrils for comfort & support now. Granted I'm retired now & don't need steel toes,but work boots suck these days. IMHO

I have it on pretty good authority that the Kenetrek steel toe boots are super stylish.

As I’ve stated before I’m leaving the design side of the building industry and going into the field side as a senior project engineer in construction. With that being said I’ll have to get some steel toes, an upgrade from the ones I currently have.

What are people’s thoughts or suggestions? Also how do you feel about pull on boots compared to tie? I wear pull up boots everyday and either wear Ariat or double H.

Thanks!
T.J.

PS: if it takes me a bit to respond it’s cuz I’ll be chasing elk for the next three weeks with minimal service😃 I just wanted to get the question out now as when my hunt is over I’ll have to purchase them fairly fast.

I'm a civil construction project manager. I use USA made Redwings all day everyday. I have 2 pair. Steel toe and a non- steel toe, insulated pair. They're both VERY comfortable. But.... they took some time to break in. I've had the steel toe pair resoled but they have 1000's of hours on them. The insulated pair I wear for hunting as well.

I’m a big Keen guy. Had a pair for two years that were still good to wear. When my company reimbursement cycle reset this spring I got a pair of Danner Strongholds and they had a hole in the toe after two months. Danner would only give me glue on caps. Embarrassing for Danner in my opinion. I don’t think Danner work boots are as good as everyone makes them out to be.

Keens in my opinion are the Suburu’s of work boots. Kind of ugly and your buddies might call you gay for driving one, but they are incredibly well made and comfortable to drive.

I’m a big Keen guy. Had a pair for two years that were still good to wear. When my company reimbursement cycle reset this spring I got a pair of Danner Strongholds and they had a hole in the toe after two months. Danner would only give me glue on caps. Embarrassing for Danner in my opinion. I don’t think Danner work boots are as good as everyone makes them out to be.

Keens in my opinion are the Suburu’s of work boots. Kind of ugly and your buddies might call you gay for driving one, but they are incredibly well made and comfortable to drive.
I tried some clown shoes on too,Keens have giant toe boxes.....................lol

Carolina boots with composite toes....light weight, comfortable and bombproof. Up and down off tractors, fixing machinery and fences. Always dropping wooden fence posts on my toes. Had this pair for about 4 years now. Last year was a bad year for rattlers so bought a pair of Justin snake proof work boots. Those boots are side zip. Sort of heavy but good against fangs, goat heads and cactus. Had em a year, so far so good.

I don’t think Danner work boots are as good as everyone makes them out to be.
I'm of the opinion that Danner boots are absolute garbage. Many disagree.

I have a pair of Hoffman Smoke Chasers (not safety toe) and I think they make 2-3 models of safety toe boot. Meindl makes a handful of safety toe boots too. As with hunting boots, you get what you pay for.

I wore redwings for years. When the price got out of hand I started buying thorogoods based on recommendations and they are great. Many of there boots are made in the USA. They also have the slip on type.

Same for me as @ID_deerslayer except I don't wear daily but boots still going strong after 5 years and will replace with another set of Ariat. Comfy and I use different boots for hiking or long distances

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back