Wolves in sheep clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of wolves, Land was heavily involved in the Simpson-Tester delisting rider.

So maybe he is a woof in sheep's clothing. He does wear a lot of wool.

I dont get involved in topics like this too often, that being said I probably dont have much to add to this conversation. I am a member of BHA and support what they do. To the OP, I have not looked at who specifically donates to BHA, instead of being strictly right or left I look at what BHA stands for and what their actions speak for, and I have been a conservative voter for 17 years. But if it comes down to supporting republicans and losing the protections that BHA stands for or supporting democrats on this issue to help protect our public lands for our next generation I will choose option b every time because it is more than just right or left.

I thought wew ere talking about bha. Sorry.

You seem pretty slick for just a dude who did some internet research.

A 501(c)3 can engage in issues advocacy and lobby up to a certain percentage of their budget. They cannot grt involved in electoral politics. That doesn't mean they can't engage in policy. SCI, NRA, etc all do this. Should BHA not take advantage of the same laws as the NRA?

For the record, i think the ammo ban is silly. I've already told my senator. Have you?

Well thank you for the compliment!

We are talking about the BHA. The tatic used is find a issue or two that you can get sportsman in swing states to rally behind, show them the Liberal candidate is moderate on said topic. Then hope they don't notice they will get hosed on issues like gun control, taxes, Obamacare, illegal aliens just to name a few.

Who has not seen the BHA powers that be. Speak vocally about those running for election? Before ol Ben says it not about politics.

Speaking of wolves, Land was heavily involved in the Simpson-Tester delisting rider.

So maybe he is a woof in sheep's clothing. He does wear a lot of wool.

We're talking wolves now? I thought we were talking ammo bans and Obama?

Crap....

The tatic used is find a issue or two that you can get sportsman in swing states to rally behind, show them the Liberal candidate is moderate on said topic. Then hope they don't notice they will get hosed on issues like gun control, taxes, Obamacare, illegal aliens just to name a few.

Sounds like a common tactic regardless of party affiliation, wouldn't you say? After all, how many hunters have been duped into voting Republican, even though they do very little to support the common Joe who hunts on public land?

Well thank you for the compliment!

We are talking about the BHA. The tatic used is find a issue or two that you can get sportsman in swing states to rally behind, show them the Liberal candidate is moderate on said topic. Then hope they don't notice they will get hosed on issues like gun control, taxes, Obamacare, illegal aliens just to name a few.

Who has not seen the BHA powers that be. Speak vocally about those running for election? Before ol Ben says it not about politics.

I know I'm still waiting for the president to take my guns. Been waiting darned near 6 years.

We live in a democracy. People are free to associate with whom they want and engage in the political process so long as they follow the law. Do you think people should not be able to engage in the political process?

Does your employer engage in the political process?

I dont get involved in topics like this too often, that being said I probably dont have much to add to this conversation. I am a member of BHA and support what they do. To the OP, I have not looked at who specifically donates to BHA, instead of being strictly right or left I look at what BHA stands for and what their actions speak for, and I have been a conservative voter for 17 years. But if it comes down to supporting republicans and losing the protections that BHA stands for or supporting democrats on this issue to help protect our public lands for our next generation I will choose option b every time because it is more than just right or left.

Muley -
what about your right to guns and ammo?
What about protecting the borders of our country?
What about protecting small business from excessive taxes and regulation?

Sometime it the less of two evils

Sounds like a common tactic regardless of party affiliation, wouldn't you say? After all, how many hunters have been duped into voting Republican, even though they do very little to support the common Joe who hunts on public land?

Was it Dems or Reps in CA that has stopped lion hunting?

In CO was it rep or dems that past laws that made it illegal to loan a gun to a friend to go hunting for a week without paying for background check. How about spring bear hunting and bear mates.

Gun control?

Be honest there are other issues than oil wells on BLM land to hunters.

Honesty is in short supply in 123zeros "camp"...always has been, always will be.

5-1 odds he/she/it is not even a hunter and hasn't bought a license in years, if ever. Hasn't likely shot anything but his/her/its mouth for a long, long time either.

Who is it that wants to sell our public land?

22 republicans today voted to strip private property rights in Montana because they don't like public lands (sb 348).

Who was it who has systematically defunded public land agencies while tasking them with more and more issues?

Who signed the 1986 gun control act into law? Who signed the 1989 gun ban?

Hint - they weren't donkeys.

Neither political party has a lock on bad ideas, mysterious stranger who won't even tell us his christian name.

Talk to me goose, who are you? Who do you work for?

Why can't you be honest with us?

I work for a small company that does nothing even a little bit related with topic at hand. No moon lighting either. I spent about 24 hours in MT in my life and that was 10 years ago.

Notice folks his only tatic is to smear me.

I work for a small company that does nothing that has even a little bit with topic at hand. No moon lighting either. I spent about 24 hours in MT in my life and that was 10 years ago.

I am not smearing you. I am only asking a simple question as you defame hard working sportsmen and the organizations they support.

Obviously I need to connect the dots for you:

Both political parties use sensationalism and fear to garner votes
Both political parties can be harmful to hunters
Both political parties can be harmful to our nation's security and economic health.

Which is why I've always voted on individual merits instead of party affiliation.

However, my mind is now clearer and I can see the "trooooth". BHA is responsible for Obama being in office, not the fact that the Republican party failed to come up with a platform policy and candidate that could connect with the majority of the American voters.

Silly me.

I work for a small company that does nothing even a little bit related with topic at hand. No moon lighting either. I spent about 24 hours in MT in my life and that was 10 years ago.

Do you live in Washington D.C.?

Seriously guys, by now you know not to feed a troll that comes on here.

I'm going to through a little tid bit at the troll.

So if those groups that could be, maybe are giving money to BHA scares you, maybe you should hit up your boss and have them give just as much or more. I'm sure they would accept it. Just know full well that it's going to be used to make sure there are wild places for wild life.

Then maybe again your agenda isn't about making sure there's back country for wildlife, and places for hunters to pursue their passions, yours is about money and greed.

I'm the Treasurer of the PAC side of another sportsman's group that was named in the "Green Decoy" web. Their claim about us being a decoy was our endorsements for this year. We could not endorse any Republican that signed the Republican platform that was to promote the transfer of public lands to state ownership on. Tha't's where we drew a line in the sand. Regardless of what side of the isle you sit, if your on the sportsman's' side, we will endorse. We're not going away either.

Do greenies trap? Do they support Trapping? How about wolf hunting and trapping? No they don't but we stand against those that would privatize our public lands, and those that would commercialize our wildlife.

Carry on 123zero!

Typical wingnut, hiding in the shadows and stomping his itty bitty feet hoping someone will listen.

123zero, can you hold your breath for an encore?

I noticed you name not listed either. But you say you work in " research/natural resources

Sounds like your interest could be a case of follow the money

I noticed you name not listed either. But you say you work in " research/natural resources

Sounds like your interest could be a case of follow the money

Your name first...everyone knows mine...been on this site for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back