Caribou Gear Tarp

Wolf in Utah?

Did any of your "four" fathers ever make wrong mistakes/policy decisions? Did one of your "four" fathers support market hunting?

Again, why single out wolves as the only predator that "they should kill everyone befor they get out of hand"?

Why did they nearly wipe out every other game species in North America to begin with???????
Good call OSOK, I was thinking the same thing. :confused:

Cathunt, if you want to argue about wolf management I give you the floor, but for god sakes come up with a better defense. The one you are using is laughable. :rolleyes:

I did not go in to it very far because Jose and I talked about this befor in another topic...If you all are for them so much tell me somerhing good about them? Jose could not do that in the other topic>>>>>

Cathunt,

And if I remember right in the other thread, you got schooled in that one too.... :D

The best thing about them is that they are native, and the animals evolved in the West with predator/prey relationships.

Again, why do you single out wolves for extermination? As OSOK schooled you, a couple of your "four" fathers also wiped out pronghorn, Elk, and other big game animals.

I'm all for hanging a wolf skin in the room of carnage. As long as they allow them to be managed, I don't see why there shouldn't be a return of the species. Heck, they were here along time before you were even a twinkle in your "Four" fathers eye... ;)

Not sure that I buy into the "Extremist View Point". That they're being brought back to undermine us as hunters! Will it curb opportunity? Yes... Will it help to balance nature? Maybe...

Honestly, I just don't think the erradication of them was the right thing to do in the first place...

How bout those great herds of Buffalo that used to grace the plains? I suppose it was OK, that they needlessly slaughtered them by the 100's of thousands too, right?

schooled???? I was sick of going over the same thing so I stoped... Do you think we will get to hunt them????(wolves) When I tell you what I see it is around yellowstone in Montana not in WY, ID ... I have hunted down by the park befor the wolves and after the wolves and you will not tell me that they have not had a magore impacted on the elk pop. over 1/2... Next thing they brought the wolves in to Manage the buffalo who (not all of them) spread brucelloses (S/P) to our cows on ranches that fed alot of states..Now the wolves are brought in and are killing the same thing the Buff. are. The FWP have given kill permits out to ranchers because of the wolves killing the livestock so dont tell me that is not going on...And look at who funded the wolves...not local I gave you the web site to prove it to.....Just WHAT I THINK

So you don't like the wolves because the artificially high Cheeto-Fed Elk population in Jellystone is now getting "managed" by a few wolves instead of hunters with salt licks outside the border of the park???

I don't know that I follow your Brucellosis argument, as I don't think Wolves spread Brucellosis. (And hell, I can't even spell it....) How many of your cows have caught Brucellosis from either wolves or buffalo from the Park?

But to answer one of your questions, yes, I hope we get to hunt them.

But again, do you think ALL predators should be wiped out, or just wolves?

Wolves dont spread it what I ment was they kill the cows and the buff. spread the Brucelloses.... Killing the same thing diff ways, but they were brought back to control the buff. no I do not think that all predators should be wiped out. non of my cows have been killed but I have worked a ranches that did have some killed And I dont live next to the park so they have not got the Brucelloses but again their has been many that have.... I like the feed elk thing :D HEHE

reply to coldnosed..

tah officials wait to learn if captured animal is a gray wolf
Related information: Wolves in Utah, a DWR species information update

SALT LAKE CITY — Officials with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) are waiting to learn whether a wolf-like animal captured by a trapper Nov. 30 north of Morgan, Utah is a gray wolf that may have dispersed to Utah from southwestern Wyoming or southern Idaho.
photo

Mike Jimenez of the USFWS equips captured gray wolf with a new radio collar.

The trapper captured the radio-collared wolf-like animal in a trap he had set for coyotes. The animal was alive and was not injured. The trapper was able to get the animal into an aluminum dog kennel and transport it to Morgan, where he turned it over to a DWR conservation officer.

DWR officials contacted the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service the evening of Nov. 30. A USFWS biologist with the Rocky Mountain Wolf Recovery Team was on his way to Utah on Monday, Dec. 2 and was expected to arrive by late afternoon. Once he arrives he will immobilize the animal and perform a number of tests to confirm whether it's a gray wolf. If it is, he will transport the animal back to the area from which it dispersed, and release it alive.

"We wouldn't be surprised if one of the collared wolves from Wyoming or Idaho made it to Utah as the range of a wolf searching to establish new territory often extends for hundreds of miles. It was just a matter of time and persistence on the part of the wolf," said Ralph Morgenweck, director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Mountain-Prairie Region.

"Our efforts to recover wolves are concentrated in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho and we'll continue to focus our actions in this 3-state area," Morgenweck added.

In addition to the animal that was captured, a second animal is likely in the Morgan area. Tracks left in the snow near the tracks of the captured animal indicate it was accompanied by a second animal that may be a wolf.

"People do not need to be nervous about the fact that a wolf may be in the area," said Craig McLaughlin, mammals coordinator for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. "Wolves do exist in the same areas people do, but they're shy and will do everything they can to avoid someone. The risk to public safety is very minimal."

McLaughlin reminds people that gray wolves are listed as endangered on the federal Endangered Species List and may not be harmed. "Anyone who sights a wolf is asked to call the nearest DWR office," he said.

Because gray wolves are listed as endangered, they are under the management authority of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
here is one example.. and there are a few more !! as of 2 years ago it was found to be part of a pack in yellowstone....

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 58
All righty guys I have just one question for you......
What would all you mighty hunters do if the trapping industry a 100 years ago had not wiped out the wolves and they were here naturally and no introduction needed to take place?

The wolves would still be here right?
So whats the problem with the reintroduction?
Or are you guys just pissed because you can't hunt them yet?

Just want to know.....

The thing I dont like is we have no say in it at all. If they were here from way back then they would not be protected, like coyotes no season no limit

Cathunt,
What do you mean we have no say???? Didn't you attend any of the meetings prior to re-introduction? Did you provide public comment during the analysis stages? We had plenty of "say", and that is why we have wolves, people "said" to bring them back.

And are you some type of PETA person, who doesn't want cows killed???

reply..

youre a PETA member if you you farm for living and you dont want your cows killed by predators!! so I must be hunting Animal rights activist !

LOL WHO is the "PEOPLE" That wanted them back??? YES I did go to some meetings, The ones I went to they did not take a vote or it would have been turned down. As I stated befor they got the money from people that dont even live close to here and ran with it..Show me where local "people" said YES to it... And I raise cows to eat so lets see... at $1,200.00 a pair I would be pist if a wolve killed my cows and you would to!!!

Back