Will he stay this non-typical?

fishing4sanity

Just curious if you guys think this deer will stay this unusual year to year, or will he be a more regular buck this year?

Attachments

• Deer_1c.jpg
    Deer_1c.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Deer_1b.jpg
    Deer_1b.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 292
I am going out on a limb and say no, he must have suffered an injury to the opposing side of his body and that caused his rack to be malformed. John

He could be that way the rest of his life like was mentioned if it was because of a body injury. However, his base and browpoint look normal on that side and it almost looks like maybe he injured the rack as it was in it's initial development, which caused it to turn down. If that is the case, he should return to a normal rack next year.

I hope for whoever is looking through their rifle scope he stays the same. What an awesome mount and conversation piece he would be!!

Good luck.

Not sure may be deformed from injury. But could have damage that side of antler as it was getting started developing. Base looks good sorta looks more like hit on something early and almost broke it off and then it just kept on going that way.

A friend and neighbor killers a 8 point in my back forty a few years ago it would jave been a beautiful mount but the right side was turned 180 to the ground which in rectrospect mad a great mount any way.
We searche for signs of injury but found none. Still a mystery.

DK---As I mentioned earlier, I think that is exactly what happened and this buck was just starting his rack and almost broke it off in an accident.so it has kept growing down for the rest of this growing year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back