Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wilks brothers true colors are shining through.....

Just when I thought we had seen it all you go and do this!!!!! Awesome job!!

So now we are to believe that the WIlks contacted FWP to see what fences would kill the most elk. Priceless. The paranoia is simply amazing.

Well, there fencing is anything BUT wildlife friendly.

Just when I thought we had seen it all you go and do this!!!!! Awesome job!!

So now we are to believe that the WIlks contacted FWP to see what fences would kill the most elk. Priceless. The paranoia is simply amazing.

Hunt talkers be careful not stoop to this guys level, he will never get it. I think he is trying to get this thread locked out, I could just be paranoid....

Hunt talkers be careful not stoop to this guys level, he will never get it. I think he is trying to get this thread locked out, I could just be paranoid....

I'm thinking the same thing. We're pushing our luck considering the warning a couple of pages back

You're not paranoid. This thread is really close to being locked.

Fin are you headed there during rifle season?

Last edited:
It appears the rhetoric only fuels gratification for recognition and motivates misconstrual and downright distortion of whatever your point may be. Healthy debate requires clear understanding, then logical refute of an opposing point, usually with factual information ... not ideological opinion. When the points are deliberately misstated, misconstrued, and distorted then there can be no meaningful dialogue or debate. So those of us who have attempted to exchange points of view have done so in vain.

You cannot apply logic where logic does not exist.
unknown author

hence my wanting to get in there with a tape measure and camera to show exact measurements like Rob and I did with the Schluter FS 166B road debacle. Pics with a tape measure cant be refuted.

2" per dimple

Fin are you headed there during rifle season?

I have a tag, but given what the schedule looks like due to Mrs. Fin's recovery, everything is up in the air at this time. If so, it might be the last week of season.

And yes, if so, we will be carrying our normal piles of cameras; still and video. We will take pics of anything that seems hard to explain.

I wish one of you professional survey guys would loan me, and teach me how to use, one of your highly precise instruments. I have looked at Wingman's pics and having stomped all of those lands many times, I am at a loss as to how the property lines as previously delineated could have been that far off.

I'm at further loss as to how they could have gotten the bulldozer where it is shown in the pics without crossing BLM land and making a big rut in the process. Unless they flew it in there, my maps show that to be impossible. I suspect driving a bulldozer across grasslands and pastures would be a lot more disturbing than the newspaper report of a couple airplane tire tracks off the landing road (most likely to allow for other planes to use the road).

I guess I should have taken pics of all the ATV tracks tearing up the hillsides and waterholes two years ago. I was told they needed to use ATVs to check their cattle. I need to pull the video from last year, where game trails are crosswired (on the BLM land, but within a few hundred yards of the boundary) to prevent animals from coming further onto the BLM via the century-old game trails they had historically used.

I don't give two hoots what is happening on the adjacent private lands. They can do as they damn well please. Knock yourself out. Demonstrate all you want and show the world how you behave when things don't go your way. Free country. Have at it.

From the pics I have seen, I'm not convinced that nothing has happened on the BLM land. That is not a criticism of the BLM. With all they have going on at any time and the limited resources they have, they cannot justify allocating employees to spend weeks walking and checking every foot of boundary.

If the BLM were only on the ground for one day; most likely part of a day, it would be really, really hard to check all the issues shown in pictures on this thread. And a lot of the issues I see in those pics are not places you can easily get to (without a bulldozer or coming in from private).

Happy hunting to all who get out there.

2" per dimple

Miller, thanks. I remembered 2" on mine, but not having one of those handy here in town I checked online and called a couple places here to get someone with a tape measure to confirm (may be a manufacture difference); two sources said 2 1/8, while a few said 2", so I would rather err on the side of caution (gracious), rather than have someone tell me that the spacing was 2 1/8, rather than 2", accusing me of intentionally shorting the Wilks on their fencing. ;)

Been on the phone with a mapping guy and some others on specific points of the FOIA, such as final survey grade latitude and longitude coordinates so they dont send me raw data I dont need and cant use that didnt have any adjustments made to it. Learned about glonass in the process (that will help in buying a GPS that is more accurate).

I'd agree that I've read a lot of exaggerated comments on this super long thread. I think most are smart enough to dig through things enough to come to their own conclusions.

Here is something new that I can add to the discussion:
The county road to the north of this parcel is fenced with 5 wire fence on both sides. I haven't ever seen a dead elk in it. Seen it broken down. I can't remember what the county road to the south has for fence seems how I never paid much attention to it.

Other then that, I'm guilty of coveting that nice dozer. Oh the work I could get done with such a machine...

Miller, thanks. I remembered 2" on mine, but not having one of those handy here in town I checked online and called a couple places here to get someone with a tape measure to confirm (may be a manufacture difference); two sources said 2 1/8, while a few said 2", so I would rather err on the side of caution (gracious), rather than have someone tell me that the spacing was 2 1/8, rather than 2", accusing me of intentionally shorting the Wilks on their fencing.

Fair enough, 16" is the new 17".;)

Ken - yes I was being facetious about the fence, but that fence is one of the worst you could build for elk, nothing like what MFWP would ever recommend. And I posted the link to their recommended fences if you need to see it for yourself.

Just what I was thinking guys/gals it's best nobody responds to his stooping he has evil intentions. This guy is trying to lock this thread and you can read between the lines on that.(enough said);)

The one certain fact is that there isn't a single wire fence in a 10 mile radius out there that hasn't been snapped and broken by the elk. This fence too will face the same demise. While I haven't seen it first hand happen I have seen what happens when 200-300 head of elk decide to move forward. I'm sure there a few lead cows that get cut up real good. Once the fence is down they use those spots to move through. Like I said every fence out there has and will be broke down at one point or another.
This too shall pass.:D

Your right 200 head might decide to go up there and they might bust up the fence, but I would guess that someone's job is going to be fixing the fence as soon as it gets busted up, especially during hunting season. I would guess that they will try to keep up on the maintenance of the fence so that the elk don't have any easy fence crossing points.

I'd agree that I've read a lot of exaggerated comments on this super long thread. I think most are smart enough to dig through things enough to come to their own conclusions.

Here is something new that I can add to the discussion:
The county road to the north of this parcel is fenced with 5 wire fence on both sides. I haven't ever seen a dead elk in it. Seen it broken down. I can't remember what the county road to the south has for fence seems how I never paid much attention to it.

Other then that, I'm guilty of coveting that nice dozer. Oh the work I could get done with such a machine...

Just because you don't see them hung up in the fence doesn't mean they don't get hung up, get out of it and hobble off to die. The calf we came across up there wasn't hung up in the fence. It was laying by the fence though. It could have hobbled off and you wouldn't have known a calf broke its leg in the fence.

Now you think my mission in life is to get this thread locked?

You guys need to get back on your medication. You have gone from being so paranoid that you think I work for the Wilks and now you think my mission is to get this thread locked. As if getting this thread locked would accomplish something?? In your world what happens on this thread might be really important but in the big picture it's simply not.

Thanks for the entertainment. This fish bowl is pretty fun to watch squirm when the bait is thrown. I do have to give it up to you guys for being determined. You have some of the most bizarre opinions in the entire country but that doesn't stop you from pretending that your way is the only way to think and anyone else is dumb, has reading comprehension problems, and needs a custom hat. I think it 's ok to have different views no matter how far out there they might be.

Like I said I appreciate your determination but if you want to be taken seriously you need to up your game and stop with all the crazy exaggerations and going into these rants about children birthrights, European hunting, etc... Exaggerated half truths don't really do much but make the person who delivers them lose credibility, just like the wolf people. If the truth isn't good enough to make your point exaggerating will only backfire on you. And stop with the personal insults. That is a predictable response which only shows that you don't want to discuss the issue because you have lost and are resorting to a last ditch personal attack to try and save face. But you never save face by insulting people who are not insulting you first, you are simply reacting to losing an argument by lashing out. The bigger person takes the high road in situations like that and doesn't respond to insults with more insults.

It's obvious that I have developed a fan club that likes to talk about me instead of the topic which is downright funny.

Just what I was thinking guys/gals it's best nobody responds to his stooping he has evil intentions. This guy is trying to lock this thread and you can read between the lines on that.(enough said);)

Evil Intentions? Wow. It just keeps getting better.

Attachments

• Evil-Intentions.jpeg
    Evil-Intentions.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 624
Just because you don't see them hung up in the fence doesn't mean they don't get hung up, get out of it and hobble off to die. The calf we came across up there wasn't hung up in the fence. It was laying by the fence though. It could have hobbled off and you wouldn't have known a calf broke its leg in the fence.

I watch elk on a regular basis deal with fencing. We put 4 strand up and lower it at the crossing points. We also sleeved the top wire in a conduit PVC pipe so they wouldn't get hung up. Calves are using it but it really is hard on them. It just makes sense to do it unless you like fixing fence a couple of times or more a year.

As winter progresses fences really takes a toll. Anyone that believes otherwise is naive or in denial.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back