Caribou Gear

Wifes Idaho General Season Buck

Congratulations on the buck. It looks like a good one. Almost as good as the smiles..

:cool:

Moosie said:
Not a Bad buck for the First day out........I see "SHE's" not wearing the Pink Flops...... ;)

Whats up with those light loads ?!?! I did hear Unit 66A had some good bucks in it and it sounds like it was worth the drive !!!! Bummer on the "Little" Buck you didn't get..........truely.
She was a little pissed that the pink flops got dirty. :) The light load is about what I thought a Sitka might weight. We should be able to pack out two deer each in one trip. 66A is a good unit if you know how to hunt it. It's looking like the buck had a split kicker. I'm starting to get real sad.

IDHunters said:
Wouldn't it have been an easier pack to bone out the deer? (Not BONE the deer...get your head out of the gutter).
Yep. but I don't think the 5 extra pounds hurt me any. I usually bone out or atleast cut the legs off when I have more then a mile to pack out.

MarvB said:
Great buck Bryce...congrats to the Mrs and way to break in JR- didn't he get to pack anything out ;) She is having quite a season- you must be proud!

Just curious, why didn't you leave from the hocks down instead of packing the full legs out? Just wondering.
Lil' IB had two sticks he packed out. They were actually Leonardo's Swords (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). And atleast he walked out this time. :) The legs usually come off but not for such a short pack out. Plus I need to get in shape for Alaska. I need a little more time and a few more critters to pack out.hump

BrianID said:
Congratulations on another great trophy for your wife.
Now there will be another one on the wall. When people asked how you got it you will have to explain "the wife shot that one too"
That's a true story. She wasn't to keen about head mounting her elk but she said she will reconsider it if I hang mine right next to hers with a name tag letting people know who shot what.

JoseCuervo said:
Because that would show the rest of us that he is mortal and of ordinary strength. What you can't see, is that he also packed the gutpile, the heart, the liver, and 4 big landscaping rocks for his yard.....:rolleyes:
I'm not up to Moosie status yet.

Thanks guys for all the kudos. It was another awesome trip with the fam.

Not-Worthy.gif

what you can't see by the photos is little ib doing the gutting and qortering notice that both mom and dad are spotless no blood at all. the youngen is covered head to toe thats why he isn't in the two pics.
great buck and great famaly you got there mom.
guess if i was as hansome and had hair on top my head i could have had a young wife too.maybe.well probally not.

It's looking like the buck had a split kicker. I'm starting to get real sad.

starting to ? Fire um over via "BATT PHONE" in the morning.

By 2 deer a piece I'm asuming you meant I'll carry the Guns and you're packing out the 2 deer at a time. This is my Fat / Lazy and Ant counting year. You're the PAcker in Alaska..... When it come to the deer that is .... hump Next year I'll make up for it :p

Great looking buck. The wife is definately having a good year.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back