Wife's Idaho Cow Moose

HowaHunter

Hunted two days to find this moose. First day they didn't show up to the water hole the second day this cow did. Shot her at noon following an arduous hike up a very steep hill to try and harvest one of the biggest cows I have ever seen. To no avail she couldn't get a shot. I am now thankful we didn't shoot one on top of that ridge. Went back to the pond and 10 minutes later she showed up about 80 yards away. The ole 7mm-08 did its job with just one shot. The kids, mom and I were all excited. Thank goodness I had a buddy that was tagging along hoping to fill his elk tag. Moose never seem to get easier no matter how many you have lugged out of the hills.

Attachments

• megsmoose.jpg
    megsmoose.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 873
  • megsmoose1.jpg
    megsmoose1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 831
  • kidsmoose.jpg
    kidsmoose.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 830
  • moosehunting.jpg
    moosehunting.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 823
Tell your wife that I send my congratulations. A moose by a road is plenty of work, so I congratulate you on not needing to pack out the one on the ridge.
Jason

Congrats! Great looking country! I'm guessing you won't be going hungry any time soon. ;)

Thanks everyone she is still is excited. I don't like hunting near atv trails either. Summer atv rides with the kids paid off as we would frequently see moose around this pond...

wifes moose

I hunt east Idaho myself units 66,67,69, and some times 50 and 51 I have packed 3 Bull Moose in my time the first took 4 horses we packed it 9 miles, then my wife's we packed it 1 mile on 4 wheeler and mine 4 miles with 2 horses and a 4 wheeler I have been putting in for my cow moose tag for the past 5 years. can I ask where this is ?

Tell her nice job! That sounds like it was fun for the entire family. Were the kids around when she shot it? How much do you think that it weighs, deboned?

ERSS is right on the unit. 250 pounds of meat. Was a younger cow. Based on my education and experience she was 2.5 max 3.5 but that is pushing it. Saw a much bigger one earlier that day. Kids were not around; we went to glass for Elk.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back