MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Why I change my own oil

l went to one because someone gave me a gift card, the oil change was as advertised but they sold me a 150 dollar air filter, if they had told me it would be that much, l would have done it myself, l waited at least an hour to boot.
I would have waited another hour for them to take it back out...

I installed a drain valve (not a fumoto, can’t remember the brand) on my Tundra. Love it. You screw in a fitting with a hose into the port (it’s capped) and drain the oil that way. You can drain it right into a jug if you want. It’s slower, but extremely low mess and I hate clean up. I also don’t get oil dribbling all over my skid plate.

I changed the oil in my Tundra in 30 minutes (including the 10 minute engine warm up) the other day for about $30 total. Did the bosses Honda next in about 20 minutes for $20 total.

Kirkland synthetic oil and OEM filters.

Edit: I have a Valvomax fitting. It’s low profile, and if I break that off I most likely lost my RCI skid and my oil pan in the process. Odds are good I’d be close to dead for that to happen anyway.

I installed a drain valve (not a fumoto, can’t remember the brand) on my Tundra. Love it. You screw in a fitting with a hose into the port (it’s capped) and drain the oil that way. You can drain it right into a jug if you want. It’s slower, but extremely low mess and I hate clean up. I also don’t get oil dribbling all over my skid plate.

I changed the oil in my Tundra in 30 minutes (including the 10 minute engine warm up) the other day for about $30 total. Did the bosses Honda next in about 20 minutes for $20 total.

Kirkland synthetic oil and OEM filters.

Edit: I have a Valvomax fitting. It’s low profile, and if I break that off I most likely lost my RCI skid and my oil pan in the process. Odds are good I’d be close to dead for that to happen anyway.
Any slick ways to change the filter on the Honda, on my moms accord it’s horizontal and near the exhaust? some pipe that’s hot as F- I hate changing the oil on that vehicle.
70CD5E90-C05E-4510-8CC3-0FF0C98A7DDC.jpeg

Any slick ways to change the filter on the Honda, on my moms accord it’s horizontal and near the exhaust? some pipe that’s hot as F- I hate changing the oil on that vehicle.
View attachment 247038
I hate those. My Tundra is a canister on the bottom, and the CRV is a metal filter on the bottom.

Get a big piece of cardboard or a spill mat…

I hate those. My Tundra is a canister on the bottom, and the CRV is a metal filter on the bottom.

Get a big piece of cardboard or a spill mat…
Yeah I just dexter up her garage… those new vehicles with them on top are nifty. A value like you mentioned with a filter on top with make it a 5 min job… could be problematic as it would be over before you finished your beer.

I managed to drain all 7 quarts of my truck oil right onto the street a few months ago. The fancy new oil pan I bought for the occasion apparently had a two stage plug, unscrew AND pull. Worry quickly turned to panic as the pan filled up. When it crested the rim I did the only logical thing and jammed my finger into the plug… and immediately ripped it out after burning myself. A few weeks later the street was repaved and the shameful stain was covered up. I pay someone else to do it now.

Back