PEAX Equipment

Who's ready for Steelhead?

Rat Fink

Will be headed over to Idaho to join the circus this weekend. I know there's some other Steelhead fishermen on this site. Anyone else gonna be getting after it? Outside of hunting, my next most important pursuit is fishing for those big anadromous beauties. Here's a few pics of some fish over the years to get you guys fired up.

Attachments

• DustinFishOzzyChristmas 013.jpg
    DustinFishOzzyChristmas 013.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 353
  • Cerise Hen.JPG
    Cerise Hen.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Niagra Gold Steel 2.JPG
    Niagra Gold Steel 2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Oregon Cheese Hen 1.jpg
    Oregon Cheese Hen 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 353
  • White Yarn with Exude egg Buck.jpg
    White Yarn with Exude egg Buck.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 346
  • Oregon Cheese Buck.jpg
    Oregon Cheese Buck.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Dustin hen2.jpg
    Dustin hen2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 366
  • DustinFishOzzyChristmas 036.jpg
    DustinFishOzzyChristmas 036.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 360
I love the fourth picture and seventh down, I agree next to hunting nothing beats steelheading I fish Lake erie tribs though I haven't fished outwest for any yet.. Sometime hopefully soon.

I made my first trip about this same time last year and caught my first steelie on my fly rod, what a blast! Trying to arrange another trip this year.

Mitch

Spent 13 years of my life growing up in Salmon and my dad was the fisheries biologist on the forest....Yet I never tried steelhead fishing :eek: Wish I could go back and give it a try.

Spent 13 years of my life growing up in Salmon and my dad was the fisheries biologist on the forest....Yet I never tried steelhead fishing :eek: Wish I could go back and give it a try.

What's stopping you?? Maybe I can entice you a wee bit....

Last edited:
Nice fish guys. Here's a couple more.

024-1.jpg

067.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

steel2.jpg

Top photo today. Bottom my best on the fly.Pray for rain water at 213 now.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 233
Looks like a lot of fun;huge fish.I wish I had fresh water fishing like that near me.Good luck guys

Holy Steelhead Batman...Great fish! Don't think I've caught anything like that on the Klamath...

Hey Now! That Steelers hat not only brings Super Bowl titles, but it is good luck for fishing as well :D.

Nice fish Huntman. My buddies from over there said a lot of fish have moved around in the last week and there's a couple good pockets of fish in there. Just gotta know where they are at and the fishing has been pretty good even with the low water.

I hope to add a few pictures after the weekend. The water will be changing with the storm we are forecasted to get. I like to hit it on a slow drop and clearing water, but everything is so low this year any change in the water will make fish move and be active.

If anyone is headed over to the Clearwater, if you see a guy fishing a Centerpin and wearing a Steelers hat, stop and say hi and drink a cold one.

AWESOME! These are really great fish boys. Awesome shots on the water!

Much2Hunt : did you use your horses to pack those hawgs out of that cut?, or are you guys catch & release?
Thanks for sharing.

Here is mine from last year:

IMG_0043.jpg

Back in the water to continue it's journey:

IMG_0046.jpg

Mitch

If you're fishing near Orofino, make sure to take some time to buy a few jigs from Jim Dodge. It's a worthwhile experience. Last time I was there, his pregnant daughter was melting lead on the kitchen stove to cast more jigheads! Oh, and mention wolves or college girls as a conversation starter... ;)

BTW, he has lodging if you need it. $15/night to stay in a yard barn with a bunk, a heater, and a microwave. The stilts holding the rear of the place held the last time I stayed there. :D

Back