Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Whitetails and hounds.

Jon Boy, the pics are posted in the deer forums.

bennett454, deer hounds are started strictly on deer. There are some coon hounds that will run deer, fox hounds that will run deer, and even bird dogs that will run deer. I've had beagles, blueticks, redticks, redbones, black and tans, plotts, walkers, goodman, trig, GSP, brittany, and I've known of a few boxers and german shepherds that would all run deer. Right now we have 4 redtick/bluetick puppies that are about 5 months old and they have already been started for a couple of months. They won't go far, but they will be ready to go by the beginning of next season. We just start them with an older dog that will trail and jump. Hell, even my Jack Russell will blood trail wounded deer, and I believe if I let him, he'd trail and possibly jump by himself.

Hey Ron! Shoot a couple for me over the holidays! I think Jacks are one of the smartest dog breeds there is and I'll bet he would run them too with little, or no, training!!! Do you have any picture of those pups? We had a bluetick and a black & tan when I was a kid growing up in Indiana and Dad took an awful lot of coons with them. Back then the hides were good money and he made some extra income besides just doing it for the fun of listening to the dogs.

Last edited:
I don't have any pics, today. I'll get some tomorrow while I'm at the hunting club, and post them for you. I'll probably just send them in an e-mail, since you're back home.

Thanks! I'd really like to see a couple pics and I'll be looking for them. Have a good weekend and wack a good buck!!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back